OPN S Firmware Update: Flex Connect Cable Issue

I have the new OPN S Li-Ion Rechargeable HAs.
I am having trouble getting my Flex Connect ribbons inserted properly. I am not seeing anywhere that the Flex Connect ribbons are different for the OPN S than the older OPNs.
Any hints???

Aren’t they wireless programming only? Noahlink or Fitting Link for the rechargeable ones.

Programming yes, Firmware No.
I have a pair of Signia Charge & Go that you can do both wireless.

Mike

Is there not a guide in genie software that shows you what programmer/cables to use for the OPN S firmware update. The flex connect has a little back stop that needs to be inserted the correct way up, so as to make the connection, maybe try that.

Yes there is and I have the correct strip.
Just doesn’t want to fit in place properly.
Have no issue with OPN, the OPN S appears to be a tight fit.
Same Flex Strip for both.

Problem solved.
Made a small angle cut on the end of the flex cable and was able to slide it in and perform the Firmware update.
V 8.0 is the current version for the OPN S

Are seeing any benefit to go to firmware 8.0 . I have OPN S BTE’s and they don’t use the flex cable they plug in directly with the standard cable to the HI-PRO USB.
I have not seen any list of new features or improvements in 8.0 other than support for the newer Xceed models.

I have not noticed anything obvious, but that is often the case.
Can’t seem to find anything from Oticon about V8 either.
Every time I connected to change a setting the update reminder would pop up.
Done now but not sure to what benefit, if any.

Mike

I never get any update reminder pop up. Maybe I have some setting turned off.

Run Update Manager.

I see the firmware update in the tools pull down. I’m running 2019.1.1 . I see I can download the 2019.2 version but how do I update my current version without deleting my current data. Do I just download and then do an install and it handles everything ?

You won lose any data with the update.

Thank you. I have downloaded the setup.exe file for 2019.2 and ran it. It downloaded more and installed, and my client data is still in place. Now I want to wander around and see if they changed any of the logic for changes in gain across the various General programs.

2 Likes