Opn 1 & bluetooth speaker

I often use mu OPN1s for streaming audio and find them quite good though lack bass. What I would also like to do is stream to a bluetooth speaker without streaming to the aids. In other words I want to listen to the speaker. Means music can be shared. What tends to happen is the aids take priority with nothing coming from the speaker.
I am using iPhone X.
Does anyone have any suggestions? My audiologist goes all blurry eyed at this question!
Only solution is to stream from seperate devices.

0 Likes

Can you get to the screen, on the phone, that has Bluetooth devices and disconnect the Bluetooth connection you don’t want and connect the Bluetooth connection you do want? Or am I missing the real question?

1 Like

That is what I was about to say

0 Likes

I can switch off the aids, then connect the bluetooth speaker. When I switch on the aids they then take over the connection and bluetooth speaker disconnects. I suppose I could get iphone to forget the aids but seems rather laborious. Just wondering if there is some simple way round this.

0 Likes

Yes, disconnect that device on the iphone. The phone controls what devices it is connected to.

1 Like

You can from the control panel select to use the speaker instead of the hearing aids.

0 Likes

I may have found a solution!
Under MFi settings there is an option for audio routing. I had this set to Always Hearing Devices. Now reset this ‘Automatic’ and think this has solved problem.
Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Like