Open fit for mod to mod severe hearing loss?

I have moderate to moderate severe loss in both ears. I like the way open fit BTE appear cosmetically. I especially like the Oticon Delta. Would that work for me?

Oticon will introduce a power rite … In all fairness a copy of the phonak micro power…

Oticon will introduce a Power rite on their Vigo Line latter this summer perhaps in time for the EUHA

In addition, Oticon will offer a Micro Bte with thin tubing for their epoq line…

It is my believe, Phonak exelia should have something along those lines already but this Admin should be able to answer

Do you happen to have the basic air conduction audiogram readings? (The X and O)

Just remember that open fit is primarily designed for people with only a slight loss at the low frequencies. People that have a low frequency loss are likely to find most open fit devices tinny sounding.

I recently purchased a set of open fit hearing aids myself from HearSource.com. I program them myself and love it. I have pretty good hearing in the lows and severe loss in the highs. 60 dB from 4000 to 8000 hz.

By the way, these things are comfortable and tiny. Nobody even notices.

The software isn’t too hard but is probably more than my mother or father could handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

delta could fit up to 80dbhl
the new vigo and vigo pro as well

however, to fit it with a tin tube- your need to have a straight 9mm ear canal (i believe - please someone correct me if im wrong )

So sometime it can not be done

An 80db Loss with a Delta is REALLY pushing it, considering the small size (battery, mics and receiver) and low (around 100dB) MPO I would not consider it for any loss more than 55 or 60DB in the lows and around 70dB in the highs - this is still often pushing it - only verification will truly show if it is suitable. You do need a rather straight open canal for the micromould though, but I’ve found that a silicon micromould often gets past this issue to some extent.

I really fit instruments with micromould… I agree there isnt much juice there…

Do you have similar requirements when fitting the Micropower from phonak?

I really fit instruments with micromould… I agree there isnt much juice there…

Do you have similar requirements when fitting the Micropower from phonak?

The micropower uses the xReceiver shell and is even more sensitive to canal size than the Delta micromould. It is essentially a largish CIC shell containing a very large receiver.