Only two Power hearing aid manufacturers left

@Lostdeaf not sure your statement above is totally accurate, but see my screenshots below:

Xceed SP

======

Xceed UP

=====

Naida UP

======

Signia Motion C&G SP 7X

I know this. You look at the fitting range. But if try to compare frequency response - you will see different picture.

No, this aid is unavailable in our country. But I am DIY and I can compare all hearing aids in software simulation.

1 Like

The AB technology is better in my opinion after learning about all three companies. . That is why I selected them. Not sure there are many companies that donā€™t skirt the systems in some way, we just k ow about this particular instance. The same parent company - Sonova - owns AB and Phonak since 2007. The AB CI is the only CI that links with a Phonak HI for better sound quality for CI/HI wearers. Just my two cents having recently become at CI recipient.

@Lostdeaf whatā€™s the point of frequency response if the HA doesnā€™t have the power needed to deliver those frequencies!
Itā€™s like having a car with a responsive engine, but no/limited power.
I see your point, but the main part is the fitting range.
Hopefully, expert people on this forum can give us more insight on this topic.

It seems it has in this discussion, the Intuitā€™s 3 SP as well, I also noticed ReSound still offering Enzo Q and the One BTE 988HP

RESOUND ONE 988
ENZO Q9

@Baltazard heā€™s taking about the Motion SP not the C&G which is inadequate.

2 Likes

@tenkan The fitting range is the same, not sure where the difference is, a part from the Motion SP 7px being an old tech and large HA with 675 battery compared to the latest Motion C&G SP 7X.

Yeah itā€™s older tech, but still useful for people in that range, sometimes newer version doesnā€™t mean better hearing, remember Phonak is still doing 675 batteries in the UP, I got my different fitting range from within the software.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone.

3 Likes

blessings to all indeed! especially those Iā€™ve annoyed all year longā€¦which is just about everyone. Peace and goodwill on earth, and happy hearing of the word throughout creation. Humanity is mostly deaf in that regardā€¦even those with perfect ears.

7 Likes

ā€˜ā€™ Only two Power hearing aid manufacturers left "

Starkey Evolv Ai Power Plus with battery 13 (Generation 2021/2022)
140 dB SPL max / 80 dBHL max gain
grafik
Cros/BiCros solution available for Starkey Evolv. Starkeyā€™s CROS/BiCROS System is availlable in rechargeable and non-rechargeable styles.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how accurate this is (not saying itā€™s wrong, just donā€™t know for a fact), but I can tell you that they work together amazingly well.

I have an AB CI on one side, and the Phonak Link on the other. Love being able to control both with a single app, and have them work together for phone calls, music streaming, noise reduction, and more.

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never come across a private audiologist who hands out Signia, here in the UK.

NHS hand out Signia for people who are older but they are older technology.

3 Likes

Just to clarify @Baltazard, yes I am indeed using Signia Motion C&G SP 7X hearing aid which has newer tech and also has an app for iPhone along with Bluetooth connectivity.

Iā€™m no audiologist, but I think it would be an aid (whether RIE or BTE style) to fit someone with a loss in the Severe to Profound region.

Iā€™m right in that zone with my cinderblock ears, and I do quite well with the Phonak Lumity Life RIE L90s - double domes on the speakers. Others would prefer a BTE with my loss. Itā€™s a combination of recommendation, models out there, oneā€™s very unique hearing preferences and ā€¦ ALLERGIES. I insert the last qualifier cuz I am very allergic to custom molds - typically sold with the BTE units.

2 Likes