Old Technology?

I’m new to wearing a hearing aid and am still researching who/what to buy. I’ve been seen by an audiologist and ENT associated with my health provider and have been fitted for an aid through them but now I’m looking at going through Costco simply for the cost/warranty. I shared this information with my audiologist and she indicated that Costco can offer the pricing they do because it’s older technology despite by all appearance the aids being the same as what she can offer. Is this true? Does Costco have lower costs simply because they aren’t offering the most recent models/technology that the manufacturer offers?

For the most part, Costco offers the same technology that you can get through a private dispenser. It’s true that they may not have immediate access to the latest models offered by a manufacturer, but none of their products are obsolete or discontinued. They’re able to offer lower prices because they get better deals from the manufacturers, and they don’t markup the hearing aids by 300 percent.

As a first time HA user this is all been pretty difficult to figure out. Thank you for the information.

— Updated —

As a first time HA user this is all been pretty difficult to figure out. Thank you for the information.