Nucleus 7: Swapping Bluetooth Connection Between iPad and iPhone

Has anyone been having issues with iPhone reconnecting after turning Bluetooth off their iPad?
If I want to stream (connect) from my iPad I will turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone and the iPad will automatically connect. However, when I reverse the process and want to stream to the iPhone, the only way I can get the iPhone to connect is to reboot it.
I am currently using iOS 14.0.1

Not with doing it the way you describe, I would suggest to forget the aids and reboot the Ipad and pair to the aids again.

I currently wear Resound Preza(almost Quattro) and when I switch from my iPad to iPhone I turn off BT on iPad first then turn on BT on my iPhone. The phone recognizes the HAs and I am good to go. I reverse this process when going from iPhone to iPad. Sometimes I have to turn off BT on my iPad and back on again if the iPad doesn’t recognize the HAs immediately.
Annoying that Resound can’t duplicate Phonak’s ability to recognize two devices simultaneously, but we can’t have it all from one brand I guess. LOL

2 Likes

I have a lot of the same issues with my Oticon OPNS1 aids, I have been thinking it was the hearing aids, but it is sounding more like an issue with the IOS MFI programming

I never turn BT off on either Iphone or Ipad. I DISCONNECT from one if I want to stream to the other. I have no connection problems. Iphone 6+ IOS 14.1

That doesn’t work for MFI hearing aids

He has Phonak M RT aids.

For some reason the only way to get my cochlear implants to switch over is to disconnect Bluetooth. The iPad will pick it up with no problem. I run into issues connecting back to the phone.
It would be nice if there was an option to turn off the implants on the iPhone or iPad, but my only option is to forget them. I have tried forgetting the device on both iPad and iPhone. I still have the same issues after connecting.
With reading the Apple website it seems like “audio handoff” should happen automatically.

I have the same issues with the Oticon hearing aids, I have cases with both Apple and Oticon. Apple says it does work, and Oticon says that the bluetooth can only be enabled on the one you want the aids connected to. Personally I believe that Oticon isn’t following the full MFI protocol.

No worries, it’s not working smoothly on paradises either. Rechargeables behaved a bit more predictably and faster than battery version, but it’s still a game of toggling switches all around.

That is if you’re lucky and they’ll work at all (on some macs people can’t make them work). :joy:

Do you have Nucleus 7 processors?

I have N7 processors.

1 Like

Your concerns are right in line with what I am trying to figure out. Whether to go android or iOS.
@debbie_o and @Deaf_piper have Nucleus 7 and iPhones. Maybe they will chime in.

@Raudrive @eniveparg
Sorry I can’t help as I don’t have my iPad paired to my N7/Resound Enzo. I have enough trouble with just pairing to my iPhone without even thinking about my iPad. :weary:

1 Like

I sure hope you figure this out.
Yours and others having iOS issues has me wondering if I should stay with android.
I have gotten spoiled with the Phonak Marvel aids doing really well.

I was reading about N7 and Kanso2 processor pairing and found this helpful attachment.
Note at the bottom of the page you can select iOS or Android.

https://www.cochlear.com/apps/en/nucleus-smart-app-android/pair

@eniveparg did you have these issues before the iOS 14 was downloaded?
If you didn’t email Resound for help. They helped @debbie_o with her issues with the app and iOS 14.

1 Like

I received an email from my Cochlear representative this morning concerning the N7 and Kanso2 iOS and Android pairing questions. I will copy and paste.

You can pair your Nucleus 7 or Kanso 2 Sound Processor with up to five compatible Apple devices and have the Nucleus Smart App installed on all of them. However, you can only connect one compatible Apple device to your sound processor(s) at a time.

In order to use the Nucleus Smart App for Android, your device will need to run Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later and support Bluetooth 4.0 or later. For a list of compatible devices visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility

If your device is not on this list but uses Android 5.0 and Bluetooth 4.0, the Nucleus Smart App may still work, but we are not able to offer the same level of support in troubleshooting scenarios.

Will you clarify what the forum was referring to when they said they have trouble pairing. This way on Monday I can get some more details for you.

1 Like

May I copy and paste your post and send it to the Cochlear representative I have been dealing with?

ReSound did reached out to me when I posted in a review on the app store the issue where I was stuck in DEMO mode. They asked me to e-mail my situation, I did, they e-mailed me back asking if I was in US. Replied and they must have pushed an update out because when I checked on Thursday, it was fixed.

2 Likes