Nu Ear Voz17 program software

Hello Everyone, I’m not sure if anyone here can help me but I’ll give it a try. I’ve been a hearing aid wearer for many years now and my current hearing aids are on their last legs. Being on a Disability Pension I couldn’t afford any of the new modern hearing aids so I purchase a used set of Nu Ear Voz 17’s on the internet from the US (I live in Australia). I’ve taken the hearing aids to my audiologist to get them programed and she’s told me that Nu Ear won’t provide her with a copy of the software to program the Voz 17’s. I’ve spent close to a years savings on these as I’ve read good things about them and I’d really like to be able to hear as well as I can. I’m at a loss as to what to do. Does anyone know of anywhere either I or my Audiologist could get a copy of the software to program them? I just though that all digital hearing aids would have a common plug and program.

Sorry for such a downer first post. I’ve browsed here for quite a while but never actually signed up.

Thank you

John

None of the hearing aids come with a common plug and program. Each manufacturer has proprietary physical connection and proprietary software.

I think your Audiologist is giving you the brush-off because you purchased over the Internet thus eliminating her profit. The fitting software is always free for Audiologists and usually hidden from the general public. Call Nu Ear in San Diego (1-800-626-8327). Ask them how to get a copy of the fitting software for your Audiologist. It’s a fair question and you may find out that the problem is with your Audiologist.

I can see external electrical contacts on the outside of Nu Ear aids so in addition to fitting software you would need programming shoes + programming cables + a Hi-Pro or equivalent. Similar to -> THIS.

A couple of solutions you might consider:

1. Pay an Audiologist to program the aids.
  2. Return the hearing aids. If you funded the purchase via credit card (NOT via PayPal Balance, and NOT via your Bank Account) then you may have credit card chargeback rights. We have those rights (by law) in the USA. If you are not satisfied with your purchase you can file a dispute with your credit card company and use your credit card chargeback rights to obtain a refund. Though, you must pay return confirmed shipping.

johnmrson,

Let me know if you would like me to ship the latest NU EAR software to your audiologist. Also let me know if she has cables for programming Starkey hearing aids (ZON, S Series RIC) as they use the exact same cables. If she does not have the cables i can send a set along. It would be a good idea to post your audiogram as well as I can advice on what type of tip and/or ear mold to put on the receiver. The receiver for Starkey ZON / S Series will fit this hearing aid. What size do you have and or require ?

PM me if you need assistance.

Ohhhh… maybe it’s that this company is not doing business in Australia.