Noahlink wireless not pairing with Laptop

Just started with DIY programming for OPN1 RIC

I brought a new Noahlink from ebay this week, but unable to pair it with my laptop (windows 10)
have installed Genie2 2020.1
installed Noahlink device driver.
Unfortunately I am stuck at the first step itself.
The problem is that the Noahlink wireless device is unable to pair with my laptop itself.
I tried to uninstall/install the driver & genie 2 but no luck.
In my laptop its showing under Bluetooh tab, but unable to connect. I tried to remove device & pair again. plug/unplug the device but no luck. When i plug the device i can see the green light on the device for few secs.

I tired to connect by Noahlink pairing wizard, but its still not detecting in the wizard itself.

Tried my best to get all details from this forum. Noahlink website… but still helpless.
Is there any issue with the device or have i missed any step in between.
This is my first attempt for DIY. Please help. TIA

I’m not sure because I don’t have experience with that, doesn’t the Noah link connect to the computer via cable? And hearing aids via bluetooth. What you see via bluetooth Noalink may be intended for hearing aids and not used to connect to computers.

By the way, try another computer or an older computer, maybe Microsoft is to blame because it often changes Windows 10 through an update, so bluetoth drivers often need to be reinstalled.

2 Likes

Maybe this video will help? The man used a cable to connect Noahlink and did not use a bluetooth connection inside windows OS.

@markoo355 is correct. You connect the Noahlink Wireless to the PC via the USB cable that should be supplied with the device. The Noah Link or Noahlink (without the Wireless to its name) is something else. PVC had some unkind words to say about it. Noah, NOAHlink, or Noahlink Wireless

Noahlink Wireless is the modern standard of connectivity for the latest hearing aids. Installing Noahlink Wireless – HIMSA

I think the forum folks would probably prefer the thread go in the DIY section of the forum. If you (the OP) modify the category of your initial post, the whole thread should end up there.

The BT in a Noahlink Wireless is used to connect to the HA’s, NOT the PC. The proper drivers, etc., should be made available when you install the fitting software appropriate for the make and model you’re trying to fit. That’s why the instructions tell you to do that first. For ReSound, when you want to connect to the HA’s, you are instructed to reboot the HA’s and the fitting software then finds them and connects with them automatically and you can perform a test to make sure the software has the right and left HA’s correctly identified, etc.

2 Likes

The device is already plugged via cable to my laptop and I could also see the green light indicator.

Then if you have the right, up-to-date fitting software for your HA make and model, there should be a “connect” button in the fitting software and it should instruct you to reboot the HA’s as you click the software connect button. For HA’s fitted with zinc-air batteries you’d either open and close the battery doors or have them off and simultaneously press both power buttons. For me, with my rechargeable Quattro’s, I can just stick them in the charger wells and pull them out again. That reboots the rechargeable Quattro’s. I actually turn off my PC Bluetooth to lessen the possibility that it might interfere with the Noahlink Wireless/HA pairing-or whatever it is. Similarly, you might want to keep any other BT devices, cell phones, etc., away from the area. If you have your cell phone on and the hearing aid app on the phone is connected (or will connect) to your HA’s via BT, that’s going to mess you up, etc., etc. My audi has implied that other HA’s nearby can screw things up. She once walked out and went to another exam room to ask another fitter nearby to turn off what they were doing the better for her to connect to my HA’s!

Once you are connected, the fitting software should indicate that and you should be able to play tones in the HA’s via the fitting software, etc. (read the help instructions - for ReSound, you can get fitting instructions from the support area of ReSoundpro.com, for example, Quattro support - hope the same is true for Oticon).

Another thread discussing what devices work with OPN. Volusiano does not use the Noahlink Wireless. Again, there is the ambiguity between the Wireless version and the plain old original Noahlink version. It’s possible that you need the FittingLink and the Noahlink Wireless won’t work - as someone else says in the thread, you should go with whatever device the fitting software for your HA’s says to use.

Volusiano also references another thread discussing FittingLink/Noahlink Wireless differences.

I guess further down in the first thread that I cite at the beginning of this post, Um_bongo implies that Widex is the only wireless HA device that Noahlink Wireless won’t work with but it’s pointed out to do firmware upgrades of the OPN 1, you’d need HiPro. So you could have a problem if your fitting software expects newer firmware than you currently have in your HA’s or perhaps vice-versa.

Probably a longshot, especially with a laptop, but if you haven’t already then try using a different USB port. On destop PCs some USB devices can be fussy. Some don’t like different port versions and locations. Some won’t work with hubs. Had a device recently that refused to work with any of the of two motherboard version ports, or the front ports. But it worked with a hub. Go figure.

1 Like

Phonak Target can Test devices and update device firmware. If Oticon has the same it could be used to test your Noahlink Wireless. Make sure to run your computer updates with the Noahlink Wireless is connected.

If your Noahlink Wireless proves out correct in Genie I would suspect the cables to the aids.

1 Like

Don’t Pair, Choose a Programming Device.
Genie 2/Preferences/Edit Preferences
In left pane click Programming device
Select or Detect your programming device

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Really appreciate all your support.
After following the steps mentioned by @pvc I was able to connect the HAs and today my first day for DIY programming using Genie 2 & Noahlink wireless.

2 Likes

Great to hear that you got it going. Have fun! I found another great and helpful thread out of the past by PVC and Um_bongo in case anyone else in a similar conundrum stumbles across this thread in the future. Posting the link will “join” the two threads. Noahlink Wireless not connecting to Oticon Opns

2 Likes

Happy that found this topic :smile: I just got my Noahlink Wireless and I had major pains to get it to work. After all it is simple, download windows driver and start your Hearing Aid providers program (I use Oticon Genie 2)

Look up about 3-4 posts to PVC’s Oticon Noahlink Wireless connection instructions.
There you should be able to connect and test the Noahlink Wireless.
Good luck

1 Like

Interesting. I’m using ReSound’s Smart Fit occasionally. I’ve never had to download a driver for the Noahlink Wireless that I know of. I always assumed any necessary driver was built into Windows 10 or installed with Smart Fit itself. My Noahlink Wireless has always worked in “Plug and Play” mode with Windows and Smart Fit.

1 Like

You are maybe right; I just downloaded the driver for sure, but I think it works without it.

1 Like

NoahLink Wireless connects using the fitting software. The manufacturer, HMSA, specifically states not to install any other driver software. Installing Noahlink Wireless – HIMSA

1 Like

That’s right. The driver is contained with the fitting software package (including Resound’s SmartFit for instance). You can download the driver from the HIMSA website but there is no need or point to do so. I recall reading that you should install the fitting software first and then plug the NoahLink Wireless in to the PC’s USB port and not the other way round.

1 Like