Noah, NOAHlink, or Noahlink Wireless

Noah: Noah is software. Noah software collects all your patient data into a single Noah database. DIYers don’t need this. We run the fitting standalone using the database feature inside the fitting software. Notice the way Noah is spelled. Got it? Now forget this word Noah and don’t ever use it again.

NOAHlink: NOAHlink is old (almost obsolete) junk. It uses Bluetooth wireless to connect from the PC to NOAHlink and uses special short versions of programming cables to connect to the hearing aids. This was designed to hang around a patient’s neck so that the patient was untethered and could walk around your office. Don’t use this old obsolete junk. Notice the way NOAHlink is spelled with NOAH in capital letters. Now forget this word NOAHlink and don’t ever use it again.

Noahlink Wireless:
This is your huckleberry! So you should remember how it is spelled with only the first letters capitalized. Noahlink Wireless connects to your PC with a standard USB A-to-B cable (same as mini Pro/Hi Pro) and connects wirelessly to some of the newer hearing aids that are Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled. GN ReSound’s Airlink 2 device can easily have a firmware update applied to the Airlink 2 which will make it exactly the same as a Noahlink Wireless device. Note that these are also backwards compatible with all of GN ReSound’s wireless hearing aids.

USB A-to-B cable;

3 Likes

Is Noahlink wireless compatible with Linx2 7 aids? I got Aventa 3.10 ( just trialling , sinc aids still have not arrived), and Noahlink wireless is not on the list. Please refer to the photo:

Seems to be just NOAHlink is suitable.

Notice the NOAH and then link?

NOAHlink: NOAHlink is old (almost obsolete) junk. It uses Bluetooth wireless to connect from the PC to NOAHlink and uses special short versions of programming cables to connect to the hearing aids. This was designed to hang around a patient’s neck so that the patient was untethered and could walk around your office. Don’t use this old obsolete junk. Notice the way NOAHlink is spelled with NOAH in capital letters. Now forget this word NOAHlink and don’t ever use it again.

What do you mean? I am not even talking about Noahlink, but Noahlink wireless, can I use it with Linx2 7? If yes, why doesn’t Noahlink Wireless appear on the list of devices?Another thing is, you guys make totally unnecessary philosophy about these names, everyone knows difference between these 2. I mean, telling someone to forget the word and not us it ever again??? It has nothing to do with me, just a pretentious attitude, IMO

Use the search button as in most cases your questions have been answered in another post.

But yes it seems it will.

1 Like

Noahlink wireless= Airlink after firmware upgrade.
They can be connected to all Resound hearing AIDS whose model name suffix has the letter “W”, I can even connect to Resound’s old product, which went on sale in 2012.

Hi, I am not sure if I should make a new thread or necromancer this one.

I finally bought Noahlink Wireless (hope its the right one) the one that uses BLE to connect.
I am curious, in the future uses of Noahlink Wireless. Will it be obsolete? The next generation hearing aids will be sure to use the new bluetooth version 5.2, I believe.

I hope they have not ruled out Noahlink Wireless so soon and will last through 2022-2025 at least.

They’ll be backwards compatible like most bluetooth devices.

I’m sure your good to go, it’s near on impossible to get the original NOAHlink from yesteryear!

1 Like

Does all hearing aids require Noahlink wireless to be fitted? Could anyone name some example hearing aids that can be adjusted without Noahlink but only regular bluetooth perhaps?

No, there’s a number of different devices that can be used, HiPro and cables, other wireless types, but you can only use specific programming device with certain HAs.

No you cannot use standard bluetooth dongles or anything else like that.

Get the Noahlink wireless for your HAs as it’s the industry standard and you’ll be able to program any future HAs you may get as well.

Here’s a clip from DIY School. Click any PVC Avatar for access.

Pretentious attitude my azz. Many newbies have stumbled over this name confusion.

This is super helpful, thanks. My HAP’s office uses NOAH, and he was adamant that I couldn’t connect to my hearing aids using Noahlink Wireless, and that “must be the reason I wasn’t able to test the sound for the right and left ear” as I went into compass (for some reason my PC freezes when I do that, so I just reference the serial numbers to make sure). He sees my setup as being potentially buggy because I’m not using NOAH. he didn’t know that HE doesn’t need NOAH, although it might help his workflow. Ugh - I’ll probably be paying 2k more for these trial hearing aids only to wrestle control from a HAP that knows more than I do now, but might not for long, but this way I can always get replacements and repairs quickly. And he’s open to me self programming and to coming to some of my particular environments to tweak my settings.

NOAH is just software.

Only the Noahlink Wireless will connect the HAs to the appropriate software. The office must of used one?

Yes, I saw one in his office, and he said that wouldn’t work - and this is why I didn’t buy from this fitter. I started to realize I knew more than he did after learning only an overview of the software!!

You could gently explain to your Audi, that all hearing aid fitting software has a standalone mode. When the fitting software is run in standalone mode (without Noah) then it will revert to using it’s own database.

1 Like