Newly diagnosed cookie-biter seeking hearing aid advice

Sorry for the delayed response! I’ve been struggling with a sinus and ear infection and haven’t worn my HAs in several weeks due to fluid behind the ear drums and constant tinnitus. Planning a return visit with the audiologist next week. How are you doing with yours now? Any improvement?

Hi
Do you mind me asking which hearing aids work best for you? I have tried widex and now onto signia

I have been using Oticon hearing aids since 2010 and they work well for me. Are they the best for you? I don’t know! I am using the More1 aids at this time and they are working as good possible for my loss.
I don’t recommend any brand but I will say what o am happy with.

1 Like

I tried Widex and Oticon before deciding on the Phonak Lumity 90. The Widex sounded great, but lacked the tech features I wanted. The Oticons had the tech, but not the sound quality I needed. My hearing loss is the cookie-bite type, which makes speech recognition very difficult. My speech recognition improved the most with the Phonaks. I didn’t try Signia because it wasn’t available from my audiologist, so I can’t comment on that, but I wish you the best of luck with your search for the most effective devices!

Thank you so much. That helps a lot!

Thank you for your reply😁