Newbie to forum- hearing aid problems

I am new to this forum. I have hearing aid problems that I need help with. I am hoping that someone could either direct me to a link here on this site or give me an answer to my problem. My hearing aids are Oticon Epoq. I have had them for about a year now. I have used them half of that time and the other half has been in the repair shop. It seems like I have not used them that much due to them being broken. What the hearing place has done is they send me the reciever part because that is what goes out on them and I replace them. Then I send the receiver part back to the hearing place which they send me more again. I have insurance on both of the hearing aids. The Hearing place has replaced the hearing aid completely twice. My question is I would like to have some hearing aids that work and I am going to ask for the hearing aid place to exchange them to some other brand or different model. Is this something I can do and has anyone had the same problem as I have? Please let me know. Thanks!!!:confused:

The doctors 's office said they got my hearing aids that are broken. They said that the hearing aids were covered in oil and the previous times they were too. So I am concerned if I produced to much oil in my ears maybe. Is this happen with any one else? If so, what did they or you do about it?:confused:

I have Resound Future hearing aids and I clean the receiver every night when I take them out and then I put them in the dryer. I have read that people who take wax out of their ears (q-tips or whatever) are actually causing their ears to produce more wax, so I never do that.

I have a relative who has Epoqs and he has had several problems with them.

I doubt Oticon or your pro will do anything except sell you a new model, but it’s worth a try.

well try some other hearing aids and try the ones that are updated :slight_smile: the Epoqs is so old news now.

First off, to get all my cards on the table, I started working for a start-up hearing aid company a couple of months ago. I have hearing loss in my right ear, but it’s conductive so hearing aids aren’t the answer for me. But I’ve been around a lot of people with them, and I’m impressed with what Audiotoniq is doing to improve the hearing industry. First off, if your hearing aids need fixed, they will ship you a replacement pair over night, so you’re never without hearing aids. I think that’s pretty cool! If you want to know more information, you can check out our website (audiotoniq.com) or email me, leslie.barbour@audiotoniq.com. Like I said, as someone with hearing loss, I’ve been impressed, so I thought I’d share!

Sometimes there is not much you can do about it. I know that some people have tried a bit of moleskin (adhesive sponge used for treating blisters) on the hearing aid between their head and the unit. This helps for sweating and can help keep some of the oil away from your ears. You could also try various soaps and lotions for oily skin. I’ve had a few patients over the years with very oily skin and the truth is, they will see more repair issues than most other people.

And as others have mentioned, clean your HAs every night and store them in a drybox.

Leslie, the man has a problem. The last thing he needs is a damn sales pitch… I don’t know about anyone else but when I see this kind of garbage pop up I say to myself. Now there’s a company I’ll never do business with.

Agreed!

Members here want honest advice, not a sales pitch.

Where are the forum moderators when you need them?

You can always hit the red x and flag it as spam.

Another possibility is a separate heading for people selling HA, HA accessories, repair services, etc. so you don’t have to deal with them unless you want to.

Do you mean like the “Ask the Expert Forum” we currently have with the “Contributing Audiologists and Hearing Aid Dispensers” and the “links” usub-forums?

Your idea would only work of the forum moderators enforced that policy and wither moved the postings to the proper area, removed the improper ons, or started banning those users.

The moderators here seem to have trouble keeping the spambots in check. I have reported many spam posts, but they rarely get removed.

Exactly, I mean a separate heading that they can move all the spammers when they get flagged. Keep the experts in their Forum and put the spammers in theirs. If you don’t remove them they have to have a place to move them to.

seb,

My point is that we already have a place, but it does not help.

We recently gained another moderator who said he would help contain the spam issue because the other moderator was very busy with other things. That does not seem to have helped here either.

Without good, dependable moderation, we have an unsolvable problem here.

Prodigy,
It is solvable all they have to do is remove the post if it is flagged! If they don’t others see the postings and add their own an then we have more and more spammers.

I agree. Many posts I have flagged still remain.