Newbie needs help with Phonak Target 7.2 software

Hi everyone, it’s my first time trying to use this software, and there’s a problem connecting with my Noahlink programmer. I’m hoping that someone here can help.

I recently bought a used GN Otometrics Wireless Noahlink programmer #001010.
On the first attempt to pair it with my PC, the Bluetooth pairing dialog prompted me for a PIN number. A Google search said to try PIN# 1234. that didn’t work. I then found and downloaded and installed the Noahlink properties software. That allowed my PC to successfully pair with the Noahlink Bluetooth programmer. The Noahlink Properties utility shows that the programmer is connected. I also checked the data transfer speed using the Properties utility and it showed numbers around 214kbps, so wireless data transfer is working,

In the Phonak Target 7.2 software’s Setup settings for “Fitting device” for “Noahlink wireless”, “Enable Noahlink wireless for fitting” is checked. But when I click on the “Check” button in the upper right of that form, the Target program reports “No connection to Noahlink Wireless”.
Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Thanks!

I’d just unplug it and then plug back into the USB port and try again, this time look for the green led light on the Noahlink to flash once, you can keep target open if you wish when doing this, should be “found” by target straight away, shouldn’t be any hassle to get up and running.

I’ve closed and reopened Target multiple times, but the result is the same.
I thought that this GN Otometrics programmer is supposed to be a wireless (Bluetooth) unit, so why would a wired USB connection be needed?
There’s no USB port on the GN Otometrics #001010 programmer. This programmer looks like a round disc that has a bite removed from one side. There are two round 6-pin mini DIN connectors on the open side, one for left and one for right, but it’s my understanding that those connections are used only for physically connecting to left and right hearing aids for hard-wired programming.

I found that there are 2 different Noahlink settings in Target - one for Noahlink wireless and one for Noahlink. When I try to connect using Noahlink wireless, Target says it’s not connected and I need to check the USB cable connection…but as I said, there is no USB connector on the programmer,. When I try to connect using Noahlink (not wireless), Target shows some connection information (that seems to be a good sign) but Target still fails to connect and says to check the USB cable.
I must be missing something…

Click my Avatar and then click my Featured Topic to find DIY School PDF documents with instructions for DIY self-fitting. In the PDF file named (03 Evolution of the Hearing Aid Programming Device) you can read about the difference between NOAHlink, and Noahlink Wireless.

The first photo in “Noahlink” section 03 of your document shows the “wireless” device that I just bought.
The text in that section says that short cables are needed to connect to the hearing aids.
I expected that my “Noahlinlk Wireless” programmer didn’t require any cables at all.
Can you confirm that’s not the case with my GN Otometrics programmer and that it does indeed require cables? That would explain why the Target error says to check the USB cable, and if that’s the case, then I’ll return it and buy the more common “Noahlink Wireless” programmer shown in the photo in your “Noahlink Wireless” section.
Thank you.

You should return the (old, almost-obsolete, junk) NOAHlink and get the Noahlink Wireless.

Sometimes I get reprimanded when I try to warn ppl about it as in these links;

And, don’t pay for Free fitting software!

Also, here’s a clip from the last section of another DIY School PDF document named (04 Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use) that says this;

1 Like

Holy cow, your talking about the NOAHlink and not the Noahlink wireless, first in many a year for anyone to actually be using one!! @pvc has given everything you need to know and do.

If you decide to continue using NOAHlink (its name is not Noahlink), please install its driver and setup tool software, and use NOAHlink pairing wizard to pair it with your computer, and every time you use it later, you need to use NOAHlink properties to connect it with your computer.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip. I already discovered that by poking around.

Thanks for the quick replies and helpful information.
The seller listed the GN Otometrics programmer as “wireless” in its title, so since I wasn’t familiar with that device I expected it to be just that…wireless.
Now I learned it’s not wireless, I’ll return it.

Yeah I think a few people have been caught out with this, as even the manufacturer calls it
“wireless” and it is, but not in the sense that we talk about, it’s wireless between NOAHlink programmer and the PC, in its day it was the “wireless” device to have, better then a HiPro at the time because the client could walk around the office trying out their HAs.

Can someone send me the software of phonak target 7 to programme my phonak m90 heari g aids please.

1 Like