Newbie - Law Enforcement and Hearing Aids

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Good luck with them. I am retired LE from AF - OSI.

Thanks Scotty, I was was an SP in the USAF and Air Guard.

Thus far I’ve been happy with the Starkey Wi i110’s. My Audi has slowly upped the gain and I’m doing well with them and I really don’t have any complaints. That being said, I ride motorcycles a lot. I belong to the largest Law Enforcement Club in the world with chapters in 27 countries and over 25000 members worldwide. I found it annoying that I could not wear my hearing RIC aids while wearing my helmet so… I elected to get a pair of CIC’s as a back-up. I took possession of two Starkey Ignite i30’s this afternoon. While they are lower end and not quite as good as my i110’s, I think they will do the trick. I can mute them while I ride so they act like ear plugs for all the engine and wind noise. I pop off my helmet, hit the remote and I’m up and running :smiley:

So, I’m currently a happy camper. And… I got a great deal on them.

Ride with Pride!

SJ

Glad everything worked out. I really have nothing to add. Just want to say thank you for all you and your fellow officer brothers do for all of us to keep us safe! It is so appreciated, and I am in awe of your bravery.

You stated you were AF/Guard. Since you are a Veteran, you should be checked for Tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in your ears). I have a similar BG and hearing aids are the first line treatment for Tinnitus which is also the most common Service Connected disability. Your County has a Veterans Officer. Go there and get your re exam.

AL