Newbie advice

The Jabra Enhance is sold online. Every thing appears to be done on line, including hearing test, initial setup and adjustments.

It’s not OTC and it’s not sold at Costco.

As I’ve recently been trialing hearing aids, I’ve found that headphones have a different behavior than expected - it seems that volume adjustments of the headphones have little or no effect. I have a closed cone on one side (the one with low frequency loss), and open on the other - and the effect doesn’t seem to be much different. Since I listen to a LOT of audiobooks, I’m paying special attention to the BT capability of the hearing aids.

Is there any chance that you might be able to have a BT transmitter connected to your phone system and just take calls through your hearing aids?

Language is imprecise, but the online Jabras seem like “OTC” to me in that they don’t seem professionally fit. Fitting is based on an online hearing test. It’s unclear what kind of support is offered. Admittedly, they’re not "OTC’ in the sense of here’s a pair of hearing aids; you’re on your own, but it’s also a ways from a professional hearing test and fitting.

3 Likes

Jabra buries this information, but I was wrong, the essence is OTC.

3 Likes

As far as headset use - can you borrow and set it up for use it (temporarily) when at your audiologists office? That would certainly give them a fair shot at resolving any potential issues, without the inefficiencies of multiple trips.

And it’s further confusing that the OTC ear-bud style $900 device is called “Jabra Enhance Plus”, while the technician-fitted $1800 traditional-style hearing aid at Costco is called “Jabra Enhance Pro 10”. Very little word difference!!