New user of Naida S CRT IX, questions

I Band new to the forum. And first time user of HA’s

I was just fitted with Phonak Nadia S IX CRT aides in both ears. I have a few question that some of you may be able to help me with so when I go for my follow up I can resolve some of these issue with accurate input to the Dr.

In the normal program mode I am hearing water, paper rustling, road noise, computer fan, creaking floors and stuff like that very load and sometimes over powers people talking. In the car, Road noise is loud, over powers radio or people talking Can this be turned adjusted ? what freq range? The over all volume on this program seems OK as respect to people talking just the other sounds I mentioned seem to take over when present.

Cell phone talking seems like the volume is not load enough. It seems better if I don’t use the HA while on the cell phone. I have the phone program (meaning I can hear the cell in both ears) on the HA. but it just does not seem loud enough. Can this volume be independently controlled from the main program

Also I have directional control programs left right and front, these also seem low on the volume scale. Can this volume be independently controlled from the main program?

And I was thinking of getting the ComPilot, will this be a benefit?

Any input would be appreciated

250    500   750   1000   1500   2000   3000   4000    6000   8000

R 65 55 55 55 52 50 55 65 75 75 average 53 dbhl
L 60 65 68 70 78 85 85 85 80 85 average 73 dbhl

Speech Hearing Levels
(db/hl) SRT MCL UCL
Right 50 65 100
Left 70 85 105

Speech Discrimination Scores
% HL maskon (db)
R 96 70 0 2A
L 70 90 0 1A
Stimuli = W-22 Source= MLV Noise= n/a Response= Voice

I have had the same HAs but only for 2 weeks.

I too notice a lot of new noises but unlike you when someone starts to talk, the speech takes precedence. That’s FlowControl at work.

I have not noticed road noise drowning out speech or any other noise.

I think the zoom control feature can be adjusted to its own sound level as can any manual program. The volume for mine seems Ok, but could be a titch louder so I am going to check on that at my next visit.

I have two directional programs -StereoControl which only works in the drection you are looking and ZoomControl which on IX level Naida automatically seeks voice to the front, side or rear. For the V and III level you need a program for each direction.

The ComPilot is almost a must have as it works well with bluetooth phones and devices that stream sound. I recommend the Aerielles. I have not tried the Phonak streamers. I think the ones that stream FM to the ComPilot are better than those that use bluetooth as there is no perceptible lag which messes up lip sync. There are now a number of threads here on the ComPilot which are well worth reading.

Willl the aerielles give you stereo? FM won’t, but the streamer will.

Yes, they are stereo:

• 2.4 GHz Wireless Transceivers
  • Better than CD-Quality Audio (Uncompressed)
  • Wireless Range: 30+ Feet
  • Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
  • Battery Life: Up to 7 Hours
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
  • Bit Rate: 48KHz / 16-bit Stereo
  • Audio Latency: < 20ms
  • SNR: 75dB
  • THD: 0.01%
  • Stereo Separation: 70dB
The big complaint about them is that the battery may only last a year and it's not (easily?) replaceable. However, I just replaced my Kindle II DX battery which is said not to be consumer replaceable, but it was really easy, so who knows. I have only had my i2i's for a week or so I haven't had to deal with it.