New to hearing aids

Not to far. I noticed you have comments on self programming. Do you self program?

Years ago I tried some of those HearSource aids and then returned them because they were too low end. I thought I could program my old Micro Tech (Starkey Wi i110) aids, but misinterpreted what was needed. I cannot find the needed programming boots. (Starkey dark red #13 boots)

I am currently trialing some Widex aids. not too impressed with the audi, but may buy them. I an currently waiting on some custom ear tips for those.

From the Code of Ethics of the American Academy of Audiology states:

PRINCIPLE 1: Members shall provide professional services and conduct research with honesty and compassion, and shall respect the dignity, worth, and rights of those served.
Rule 1a: Individuals shall not limit the delivery of professional services on any basis that is unjustifiable or irrelevant to the need for the potential benefit from such services.

From that same link,

1. Suspected violations of the Code of Ethics shall be reported in letter format giving documentation sufficient to support the alleged violation. Letters must be addressed to: Chair, Ethical Practices Committee
    c/o Executive Director
    American Academy of Audiology
    11480 Commerce Park Dr., Suite 220
    Reston, VA 20191

Are you going to report someone?

No. but when I read this I was a little more disgusted with the audis I have encountered.

— Updated —