New soundbar

Having considered all the replies with information, I am thinking of using an optical splitter from my TV, to a new 100w Bestisan sound bar, and the other half of the splitter to my Phonak TV connector.
I am assuming that I will get the usual audio from TV to my HA,s, which is pretty good, and pick up some improved audio from the sound bar via my HA,s mics. I will also be able to connect my phone to TV via bluetooth or direct to the soundbar…I think!!
Am I on the right track??

Do you live with a hearing person?

I personally don’t think you need a SoundBar if it’s just you as the TV Connector is very good.

I haven’t listed to my TV with sound out loud for years, I’ve streamed directly to my hearing aids, much better sound.

Of course the tv needs to have bluetooth-in capability. The current models of that soundbar brand seem to all have bluetooth. Which specific model did you get? Maybe the soundbar can take a usb stick loaded with your music rather than using your phone as the music source.

I have a Sonos soundbar. Since getting the Phonak TV connecter I very seldom even turn the Sonos on. My TV is outside and with the way sound travels over water I don’t have to think what the neighbors think with the Phonak.

It really seems that the audio that I get via the Phonak TV connector, leaves little room for improvement.
Perhaps I will just stick with that, and save spending money on a soundbar.

I think the Connector is a marvel. But I also updated my speakers. A pair of bookshelfs and a sub. And you’re not going to get bass out of aids.

So you didn’t actually buy the soundbar?
What make and model is your tv?

It could also be helpful if you included a recent audiogram on this site so we could all compare our hearing levels for a little better idea of what works for some and why. I can hear reasonably well with the aids and speakers at the volume level for the normal hearing spouse. I have supplanted headphones with the Connector for quiet listening.

my TV is a fairly old Sony Bravia.
I can listen quite comfortably with my HA,s via the connector, and control the volume with the Phonak control on my phone. This does not affect the volume that my wife has, that she can control with the TV remote.
I of course get some audio direct from the TV via the mics on my HA,s.
I was really just wondering, if music audio, enhanced by a sound bar, and received via the HA,s mics, in addition to that via the Phonak TV connector…would be worth the cost and effort.

No model number? :slight_smile:
You can also adjust the balance of Connector volume to mic volume with the buttons on the aids. Although I guess I’m talking about the KS10’s and the Connector V2.
It is my opinion that these little soundbars with their little speakers don’t produce bass. It’s why I have a sub. My bookshelfs are 5". When I’m listening without the Connector (which I can reasonably get by with just aids alone) the bass is a real nice to have. But when I’m just using the Connector obviously bass is not present. There are times when I get frustrated enough to turn on the Connector depending on the audio of the show.

Interesting.
I think I will just stick with watch have got.

Do you have custom molds or domes? I have a TV Streamer that has Dolby sound and also have a 5.1 sound system and find that when I used domes and a TV streamer, the bass from the sub rounded out the sound. I don’t get that same bass from using my molds since they have no vent hole hence no low freq leakage. Even though I max out then lows in SmartFit, nothing comes close to a sub. So if you use domes a sub may help you achieve the low end you are missing, although others may not appreciate the rumble it takes.