New problem caused by my hearing aids

Well, it seems that I have a new problem, that is directly caused by my new hearing aids. My mother-in-law turns the TV up so loud, it hurts my ears when I’m wearing my hearing aids (which is ALL the time). Who’d a thunk it? :slight_smile: Now I’m the one that wants to turn the TV down! :cool: She’s 84, very HOH, but absolutely gets angry if I try to talk to her about getting aids. “I hear everything I want to hear!” Oh well. <sigh>

Anyway, I’m jazzed! I guess these things really do work! :smiley:

Dag

I have a problem with my mother-in-law too except that the problem is with her voice instead of the TV. She talks soooo loudly that it hurts for me to listen. She too needs hearing aids but insists that she “can hear a pin drop”. I guess I’ll just have to use the “comfort in noise” program button on my remote when we visit her.:wink:

I just got back from visiting my 93 year old grandmother who wears aids, and my 78 and 71 year old dad and mom who don’t. I lost count of the number of times the two without aids said Huh or What after about the 18th time. :rolleyes:

Be easy on them. Found myself in denial at one time. :o
It’s an easy place to hang out in.

Yeah, it’s easier to stay in denial. I certainly didn’t want to move. :slight_smile: Everyone on these boards understands. How can you make your parents/grandparents understand that it’s SO much better being able to hear? I know several people that could benefit, but they don’t want to hear what I have to say. Pun intended. :rolleyes:

<sigh>

Dag