New Phonak Virto B12 problem

I was just fitted with new Phonak aids, model Virto B12.
This is a bicros as I am completely deaf in one ear, and have about a 50% loss in the other ear. I have worn hearing aids for 40 years, 5 or 6 in that time span.
The problem I have is with the volume control. It is a wheel that is rotated forward or backward to increase or decrease the sound level. No problem with doing that but there is no start or stop to this wheel. I can, using the TV sound setting to adjust it to a good level for me, but…and this is the problem…when I open the battery compartment the volume reverts to zero and I have to start all over again the next morning to set the volume level, which takes a bit of time and adjusting. If I had to replace the battery while I was out I don’t what i’d do.
If the wheel had a bottom and top setting that wouldn’t be so bad, but it doesn’t. It just goes round and round. I had one aid in the past that had a wheel but it had numbers on it so you could easily replicate the volume setting.
I’m wondering if I’m missing something, or is this just the way Phonak aids work? I can’t get an appointment with my Audi for two weeks.
Help appreciated.
Robin

0 Likes

That’s how it works. It should do a different type of click/beep when it’s at the lowest and highest volumes (like a double beep) as opposed to a click, like when you are moving from one step to another.

Yes, the devices will reset every time you turn them off and on. If you are ALWAYS turning it up, you should see your audiologist for reprogramming so they are set the way you’d wear them most of the time.

0 Likes