New Phonak Savia Art

With Savia Art, Phonak is unveiling a new world of authentic sound, made possible by the intelligent combination of two key innovations SoundRelax and Real Ear Sound.

SoundRelax suppresses impulse sounds while maintaining sound authenticity
Impulse sounds, when processed through a hearing instrument, interfere with sound quality and add stress to listening. Sounds, such as emptying the dishwasher or turning the pages of a newspaper, are a daily annoyance. SoundRelax ensures that impulse sounds are intelligently suppressed, without affecting speech understanding. Unlike other systems, SoundRelax masters this challenge while maintaining sound authenticity.
The result is less fatigue and a more relaxed sound enjoyment.

Real Ear Sound, restores localization to provide a natural sound experience
Key to the Savia Art pure sound experience is the proprietary Real Ear Sound, a unique world-first innovation. The ability to determine the source of sounds is essential to natural orientation Real Ear Sound enables accurate sound localization by simulating the performance characteristics of the outer ear. The result is restored ability to enjoy natural sound perception.

SoundRelax suppresses annoying impulse sounds without affecting sound authenticity

You wouldn’t expect to use a single tool for every home improvement activity. For example, a hammer can help you drive a nail in the wall but cannot effectively fix a leaky faucet. By the same token, an automatic hearing system based on a single program cannot effectively handle multiple listening situations.

AutoPilot – a smart, multi-program automatic
Phonak pioneered and perfected a unique, multi-program automatic – AutoPilot. The special advantages of this approach are far-reaching as only multi-base allows optimal automatic function as well as precise and effective personalization.

The Savia Art AutoPilot incorporates a sophisticated and proven sound classifier that accurately identifies the environment and selects one of six automatic programs. These programs cover all key listening situations: Calm Situations, Speech in Noise, Comfort in Noise, Music, EasyPhoneplus and EasyFM.

AutoPilot incorporates six automatic programs and selects the right program for the right situation.

The number one complaint of hearing impaired listeners is hearing in noise. Savia Art expertly addresses the task of optimizing communication in adverse situations with powerful noise reduction tools.

NoWhistle Technology, based on the advanced Feedback Phase Inverter, features two key innovations: 20 channel resolution and situation specific threshold settings within the automatic. Thanks to the high resolution, it is possible to selectively suppress feedback only in relevant channels. Also, suppression levels are selected individually for different situations based on the likelihood of feedback, possible only thanks to the multi-program automatic approach.

The digital SurroundZoom is the most sophisticated directional microphone system. The adaptive 20channel digital SurroundZoom addresses the actual complexity of real lifecommunication by selectively suppressing multiple noise sources.

In the presence of echo, the signal is blurred and distorted. Unique to Savia Art EchoBlock, removes reverberant components reinstating effortless hearing.
Wind Noise Management
For hearing instrument wearers, wind noise can spoil the enjoyment of being outdoors. In Savia Art, dual step Wind Noise Management, combining mechanical and electronic suppression techniques, ensures that outdoor activities are not affected by wind noise.

NoWhistle Technology features high resolution, situation-based feedback management.

With Self Learning, clients’ preferred volume, for a multitude of listening situations, is monitored and automatically applied. Loudness preferences vary between individual clients – and for each client over time. Loudness preferences also change in different listening situations. An effective technique to capture and apply these changes, automatically, is the Self Learning feature. Advanced Self Learning capabilities – a true convenience enhancement

The intelligent implementation of self learning requires acombination of access and analysis to real user data, and a sophisticated algorithm. Savia Art Self Learning does just that.

Unique to the Savia Art Self Learning is its ability to separately log and apply volume changes per situation while in the automatic mode. This means yourclients will have the right volume without needing to worry what program theyhave selected. The clever iPFG implementationallows you to see exactly what was changed.
Self Learning provides automatic adaptation to situation-based user volume preferences

Savia Art is the most complete high-end line with 12 models, from the tiniest CICs and two micro styles, through to a choice of high power solutions. This versatile palette integrates a wide spectrum of needs and preferences.

The sophisticated microSavia Art feature set was developed to ensure maximal benefit for both open and closed fittings. Savia Art offers a choice of two microBTE models; the microSavia Art CRT (Canal ReceiverTechnology) and microSavia Art. The CRT model offers the acoustic advantagesof an external receiver while the versatilemicro with the slim tube or standardhook options, flexibly adapts to clients’changing needs.Both models have a T-coil, for telephone orFM use. The new replaceable battery doors allow in the field change. The 10 battery provides the smallest possible size – the 312 scarcely increases the dimensions but provides almost double the battery life…

On the other end of the spectrum, Savia Art offers power users more by building on the extensive Phonak experience in the power segment. There is a choice of a power BTE or custom version. Both models integrate the innovative BassBoost option which adds low frequencyamplification for improved audibility.

I’ve got a bit of a dilemma. My next appointment with my audi is dec 11, I have until the 15th to return the Savia 311dz. My audi has not been to the Savia Art seminar yet, so it is not being carried by the office.

After 3 setting adjustments, I’m still less than thrilled with the digital hearing aids. I’m still getting way too much ‘clicking’ from very minor transient sounds ie: coffee cup on counter, footsteps, my own voice when I raise it. It is most unsatisfactory, and I wil not be keeping them if it can not be resolved. The thing that kills me is the bass response is magnificant. I’m hearing drums and bass lines with a new clarity I’ve never had before. The high end is still shrill, sibilant, feedback prone, and fatiguing to listen to all day.

What do I need to tell my audi? Why can’t the cursed ‘click’ (digital clipping) be stopped? What do I need to be describing?

Although digital circuits have improved, some users still hear a clicking sound when the instuments go into compression.

With WDRC circuits such as in the Savia, it is a little harder to control…the audi can just raise the MPO (max output) to reduce the times the hearing aid goes into compression. Yet, they cannot go in and change the kneepoint at which the aid starts going into compression.

For music lovers, I have found the DSC compression in the Phonak Extra and the Phonak Micro Powers to work very well.

Also, I feel sound quality is better for music with DSC (digital super compression), as it doesn’t clip until sounds get very loud…more natural reproduction of sound.

If that doesn’t work, you may want to switch to another brand, such as Sonic Innovations or to a open fit device if you are in the fitting range.

I absolutely can not abide by the clicking noise, it is totally unacceptable. I am seriously considering going with a set of the Sono-Forte, which I had before, and prefer to the digital.

It is not a matter of refusing to accept change. Change for the better is ok, but the clicking is not something I can live with, it just sounds wrong, and I am a very aurally oriented person, in spite, or more preceisely, because of my lifelong hearing disability.

I saw in another thread the belief that most manufacturers are abandoning analog in favor of digital. I may just try to buy 3 or 4 more sets of brand new analogs and stash them away and hope they last me the rest of myy life. The manufacturers will have to address this clicking issue before I’ll consider digital again.

For Savia Art, what kind of compression do they use if not DSC compression?