New Hearing Loss Pills?

I came upon this website while researching about stem cells and new advancement. Supposedly, the pills help reverse tinnitus and hearing loss and has been online for a year. They are guaranteeing a refund but I can’t really find much about the company. Anyone heard or seen any reviews from this company?

www.thehearingfix.com

just found that this has already been asked here! Reading that thread now… :smiley:

Where was that thread?

Ive heard tinnitus isn’t caused by any certain deficit. It can be cause by a number of things. A lack of, or even too much of a certain vitamin, poor diet, etc. How can one pill cure tinnitus for everyone when the cause varies from one individual to another?

I’m not responding to this specific company, only to companies generally that have websites like this: Run don’t walk far, far away. Don’t touch this stuff with a ten foot pole. DO NOT PLACE ONE ORDER JUST TO SEE IF IT WORKS. You will regret it if you ignore this advice.

Generally speaking, these websites

1. Will NOT refund your money WHEN NOT IF you become convinced the product doesn’t work, despite their promise to do so.

2. Will continue shipping the product to you and billing you even after you’ve told them to repeatedly to stop. Your blood pressure will soar each month as you have to deal with this anew and you will waste many hours trying to get it resolved.

3. Do not disclose the active ingredients in their products, making it impossible to determine interactions with other medications you may be taking, or even their general safety. These pills are not tested or given federal approval as conventional medicines are.

4. Are selling products to people desperate for a cure to something which is not readily curable at this time. As mentioned above, tinnitus has multiple potential causes and does not have known, certain or likely cures. There are conventional treatments for symptoms which are somewhat effective at best.

60 Minutes did a devastating story this past Sunday on people marketing advanced-stage cancer and multiple sclerosis stem-cell cures which do not exist. One guy in particular just bald-facedly lied repeatedly on TV and could have cared less what anyone thought. He probably welcomed the attention, figuring it will lead to more patients who believe his silver-tongued lies calling on Monday seeking treatment.

CBS quoted FDA officials as saying that with the Internet, there has been a virtual explosion of this kind of marketing, no scientific basis whatsoever, that makes the patent medicine shows of 100 years ago look like child’s play. The feds are totally overmatched and unable to staunch this. With budget-cutting looming, this situation will only get worse. You have to look out for yourself, as you’re doing by asking here. I hope you heed the warnings.

By the way, another point of the 60 Minutes story was that “stem cells” are a red-hot buzzword right now for Internet marketing of this kind of product. Stem cells cannot now be used to cure tinnitus, advanced-stage cancer, or MS and will not be able to treat these conditions or anything else in the near future, until you hear differently from conventional medical sources. People searching for “stem cell treamtent” of a particular condition open themselves up to exploitation by shysters if they believe the marketing hype they will surely find on the web.

Yeah, and I have some magic beans I’m selling for $10,000 each! :eek:

Seriously, this is just the same as all the other crap they try and sell that the FDA have not evaluated. The diet pills that don’t work, and magic bracelets that restore your chakra.

I will accept that tinnitus can possibly be reduced in some patients with certain drug or homeopathic methods. But a permanent sensorineural hearing loss, reversed by a magic pill? I’d say some audiologists wasted a lot of time in school if that were possible!

So what are you trying to say, hamjor, that this might not work for me? :smiley:

J/K, great post. I watched that 60 minutes program, and it boiled my blood to see that lying bastard continue on with his pitch even after all the proof was shown that this was a scam.

Yeah, I was steaming mad after that 60 Minutes story, too! I HATE stuff like that.

No doubt my anger towards that guy spilled into my post here. What aggravates me about websites such as this one on top of the common lack of medical efficacy, is that, insult to injury, if you’re dissatisfied, they promise refunds but often fail to issue them for customers who complain about that online, and that many of them keep shipping and billing even after customers call and endure another extended sales pitch and still cancel.

As for credit cards and online ordering in the states, I recently ran into an issue where the only way I could make sure a company did not continue to bill my credit card was to literally change the credit card number. This came directly from my bank rep whom spoke to me after I filled a complaint about the charge.

Thankfully, I resolved the issue, but I was taken aback by the lack of control or assistance my bank felt obligated to take. There are laws on it, and I am not casting blame on my bank directly. The point is, these systems are not always in the consumer’s favor.

It’s the first time I have ever had a bad experience like this, but it’s something to keep in mind I suppose.

I would highly recommend using a “One Time Use” credit card offered by Discover and Visa (and possibly others) for any on-line purchase. You can either download a small program to generate a new account number that is good for one time, or generate the number from the CC company’s website. It works so well that when someone tried to use my real number to make an on-line purchase, the bank called me to verify that it was me, because I never use my real number on-line.