New Hearing Aid

WHA??? There is no “resound” feature in the phonak software. I believe that some clarification should happen from the original, but translated, post saying “the sound resounds”. Does that mean there is an echo or reverberation or it’s too loud or what? No pro is going to know how to adjust that issue since it carries no real meaning regarding hearing aid sound quality.

one thing I’ve learned on this forum is that lack of knowledge does not keep folks from offerring solutions.

Wow, don’t get your panties in a wad! I confused “resound” with the sound recover feature.

Sorry, i dont speak english. Resound = ring, echo, reverberate (от with)

I go commando most of the time… your post I like you apply common sense particularly about the folks constant desire to ‘hide’ their aids even if it means not getting the technology they require. Why folks won’t simply put a location in their profile is again a mystery to me. don’t care what street but how about USA, UK, etc… btw, I like the way you decorate your aids.

I’m in the US, California :slight_smile:

1. My panties aren’t all in a wad…I was truly confused by the advice that you provided.
  2. Thank you…that makes more sense. There are adjustments that can be made for the issues you have, I imagine given your loss you may have an earmold with little to no venting which could easily explain why you are having the issues with echoing and reverberation. Often decreasing the compression ratios in the low frequencies help and if the vent can be increased even a little bit that will help also.

Thanks. My earmold no venting channels, from hard material. She is very old, 10 years ago. I want to make new, what do you recommend, soft or hard?

For profound losses I recommend a soft mold with a pressure vent.

I have the opportunity to order the earmold of Phonak, probably 3D from Silicone material.

Many thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Το πρόβλημά μου με αυτό που προτείνετε είναι ότι με μία συσκευή που περιορίζονται σε μονοφωνική ακρόαση. Ο ανθρώπινος εγκέφαλος είναι ενσύρματο στερεοφωνικό για ακρόαση έτσι, όπως ειπώθηκε και πριν, ο εγκέφαλος τεντώνεται και τόνισε όταν φοράτε μόνο ένα.

Actually I did study New Testament and Classical Greek at University (60 years ago), so my reply most likely doesn’t make much sense… :frowning:

I have soft molds with a vent. The vent has plugs that have holes in them, each one a different size. This allows me to customize the vent that I need.