I recently purchased my first set of hearing aids, Beltone Edge 2. I decided on Beltone after thorough research and in ear demonstrations. Here are a few notes regarding my search and subsequent selection of Beltone Edge 2.
My hearing loss is moderate to severe high frequency.
- The original Audiologist (Oticon Dealer #1) recommened Oticon Delta 8000’s ($6k) 6000’s ($4.8k) or 4000’s ($3.8k).
Rejected due to price and being out of insurance network.
- Audibel Franchisee #1. He recommended Audibel Fusion Virtue 12’s @ $3.9k (in network price), $5.6k street price.
Rejected due to requirement that I pay 100% upfront to place the order since as he stated he was in the midst of a cashflow problem.
- Oticon Delta dealer #2 recommended Delta 6000’s @ $5.6k.
Rejected due to her extremely poor customer service, her practice was out of network and total payment was required before I would be fitted with the HAs.
- Audibel Franchisee #2 recommended Fusion Virtue 12 OTE @ $4K prepaid.
Rejected due to error prone and in experienced fitter.
Hearing Planet recommended a number of HAs but I was not comfortable doing business by internet and phone (they would arrange for me to go to a real office but it was an hour travel time from my home)
Oticon dealer #3 recommended Epoch’s @ $6.4k.
Rejected due to overselling. Obvious financial trouble ilustrated by recent move from a his permanent office into a vacant old insurance office and his constant rambling about funding problems with his bank. Required two weeks to place the order and required 50% down. And he was out of network.
- After extensive evaluation and question & answer session Beltone recommended their Edge 2 OTE. Beltone was the only provider that did not try to oversell me. They were located in a professional arts building with a dedicated staff including an insurance clerk. Their professionalism and expertise was second to none. When asked to compare their technology to Oticon and Audibel a full documented disclosure was made. I received a full explanation of their relationship with their owner Resound. Pricing was outstanding with an in-network price of $3.8k (I paid a mere $800 out of pocket with Beltone filing for the remainder from my insurer. Along with the HAs I receive lifetime care. The Edge 2’s are working great!
In closing I highly recommend BelTone.