NEW ClearSounds CLA7BT Amplified Bluetooth Neckloop

I recently received what should be listed as the World’s Best Bluetooth Neckloop. One of Jeanne Naglewski’s contacts urged me to try it. She said that Jeanne was absolutely raving about it and that I really needed to try it.

She was right. It is an awesome neckloop. I contacted ClearSounds, talked with Richard Uzuanis and he sent me one of their brand new units. We discovered that we both own Volvo convertibles and he said I should try it with the top down. I told him he was crazy and that the wind noise would be outrageous. He said that he uses the BT himself(binaural BTEs) and says he does it all the time an loves it. HE WAS DEAD ON ACCURATE. I can be driving at 50+MPH with the top down, hear perfectly and can also be heard.

The amplification control is great when I get one of those weak cellphone calls. Had no idea how great it was to hear binaurally on the cellphone. I try to use my cellphone as much as possible now. My wife loves it because I am wearing my hearing aids more often. Was a cranky HA user.

It is a wonderful loop. Tried the Artone, it was Ok but had a lot of trouble with people hearing me–returned it. Tried the Maxit and returned it quickly.

The ClearSounds unit is the BEST I have used. Amplified to 30dB and it is also a GREEN product which my grandkids love. They think I’m not Eco-Friendly.

I would strongly recommend this to everyone with a t-coil and Bluetooth cell phone.

Am also going to try their new Professional Office Neckloop System on the digital phones in my hospital office. Looking forward to that. Hope it is as good as the CLA7BT.

as the nickname indicates, I am from Arotne.
I’m not saying that the device above is bad, haven’t tried it.

But, commooon, no body complained yet that the other party can’t her Arotne Bluetooth Loopset user…
every device has its issues, but on Artone Bluetooth Loopset Microphone is not one of them.

By the way, all new Artne bluetooth Loopset have increased amplification, even for profound hearing loss.

Does this neckloop support A2DP?

Hi All,

I have read with interest the news about the CLA7BT. I have the wired version CLA7 tLOOP currently connected with a bluetooth stereo headset with a clinch plug. I have tried the noizfree, the maxit and also the Artone Bluetooth headset. They are all to weak regarding the power of the neckloop for my hearing loss. The firm Claro is known for the specially high amplificated neckloops. Maxit, Artone and Noizfree have an amplification of the neckloop that would suit more for moderate hearing loss. I have not yet tried the Claro Buetooth version, however there is a web site ( http://www.tecear.com/Bluetooth_Comparison_Guide.htm ) that compares the different neckloops.
This comparison table gives you a first clue what is suitable for your hearing loss. So in this context it seems to me not to unrealistic that the CLA7BT has a more powerful amplification than Maxit, Artone and Noizfree. I have ordered it and will give you further information as soon I have tried it.

Hi All,

I have recently purchased the CLA7BT. It works really good. I never had a BT neckloop with that amplification. Just wondering why Artone, Maxit and Noizfree have not yet realized that amplification power that hard of hearing people with severe hearing loss actually need? I can confirm that it is worth it’s price.

Regards,

Matteo

Maybe you’re selling to distributors who don’t know why their customers return them, or just don’t tell you. I tried one briefly, and returned it because people reported it was hard to hear me for any number of reasons, including through the noise of the thing rubbing against clothing.

Hello Artone,

Just to give you a bit of information what I think about the neckloops of Artone, Maxit and Noizfree.

I have spent in the last 2 years over 450$ to try out these ones and as an end customer I have the right to say that they are NOT worth the money for people with severe hearing loss like me. I’m wearing Phonak MicroPower V 300 dAz with telecoil receiver and if you would really have a clue about hard of hearing technology you would know the minimum electric field strength that is necessary to trigger adequately the telecoil of the hearing aid in a distance of about 20cm from the neckloop.

During the repair of the Maxit headset as the telecoil broke I have noted that the ciruit board seems to come from a standard headset with the only difference that instead of a loudspeaker there was soldered a very cheap neckloop on it. This would explain why with Artone, Maxit and Noizfree I hear the voices in such a low level. This in turn would mean that these neckloops are just standard bluetooth circuits with NO EXTRA amplification because it is cheaper in production. They are sold for 160 $ each even though the electronic componets are far cheaper than this. As a hard of hearing person I have often encountered similar approaches to deceit and this one would be no news to me. What I can say is that the Clearsound Bt headset is the first one which satisfies me in terms of amplification power. Within this context I suppose that this one has an amplification circuit that is specially adjusted to the neckloop in order to generate the required strenght of the electro magnetic field. That of course makes the circuit more expensive but I have paid also 160$ for the clearsound bt one which is less or more the same what I have paid for Artone, Maxit and Noizfree ß but with the huge difference in hearing!

Hello Artone,

Just to give you a bit of information what I think about the neckloops of Artone, Maxit and Noizfree.

I have spent in the last 2 years over 450$ to try out these ones and as an end customer I have the right to say that they are NOT worth the money for people with severe hearing loss like me. I’m wearing Phonak MicroPower V 300 dAz with telecoil receiver and if you would really have a clue about hard of hearing technology you would know the minimum electric field strength that is necessary to trigger adequately the telecoil of the hearing aid in a distance of about 20cm from the neckloop. (please refer to 1st term of studies in electronics engineering!)

During the repair of the Maxit headset as the telecoil broke I have noted that the ciruit board seems to come from a standard headset with the only difference that instead of a loudspeaker there was soldered a very cheap neckloop on it. This would explain why with Artone, Maxit and Noizfree I hear the voices in such a low level. This in turn would mean that these neckloops are just standard bluetooth circuits with NO EXTRA ajusted amplification for the neckloop because it is cheaper in production. They are sold for 160 $ each even though the electronic componets are far cheaper than this. As a hard of hearing person I have often encountered similar approaches to deceit and this one would be no news to me. What I can say is that the Clearsound Bt headset is the first one which satisfies me in terms of amplification power. Within this context I suppose that this one has an amplification circuit that is specially adjusted to the neckloop in order to generate the required strenght of the electro magnetic field. That of course makes the circuit more expensive but I have paid also 160$ for the clearsound bt one which is less or more the same what I have paid for Artone, Maxit and Noizfree - but with a huge difference in hearing!

No, it does not.

I tried to mate it with a Sony A2DP transmitter so I could listen to my GPS or AM FM radio. It would not connect and I emailed Clearsounds. This is the reply I got from Audry Metzger:

Thank you for contacting ClearSounds Communications with your email inquiry
regarding your ClearSounds CLA7BT Amplified Bluetooth Neckloop Accessory.

The CLA7BT supports both Hands-Free and Headset Profiles. Your Sony
TMR-BT10 has A2DP protocol and will only pair with devices that support that
protocol. The current version of the CLA7VT does not have A2DP protocol.

We are considering adding this. Because there is no way to make a neckloop
stereo (a circle has no left or right side), we did not include the A2DP
protocol. With cell phones, users are able to hear the music through the
handsfree or the headset protocol. We are finding that customers would like
to connect ot devices that have the A2DP protocol and we are investigating
that for our next release of the Bluetooth version.

I would also like to point out that I found the CLA7BT at Antonline.com for about $110.00 + shipping.

I love the thing, I just wish I could pair it with more stuff. I have charged it once, and have been using it for almost a week. Very clear and able to amplify easily. Appears to be very well put together. I will be testing it, as I work construction.

I went to the website and see it for $197.33 plus shipping; what happened to the price.

Question: How does the device compare to the Streamer from Oticon? Is there an advantage to using this?

thanx

Wow. I just got mine last week for $110.00 + $12.00 shipping.

Wonder what happened…Musta found out it’s for hard of hearing people…

For the next two days. Free shipping here:

http://www.iltsource.com/Clearsounds_CLA7BT_Bluetooth_Neckloop_p/cs-cla7bt.htm

At sureneeds. Not sure how their site works.

http://www.sureneeds.com/cla7bt.html

To reply to some critics here, Artone Bluetooth Loopset has internal amplification on board, and what is more important specially made induction transmitter that can provide high amplification, that we can guaranty exceeds specs of Beetle and CLA7BT not even talking about the other replicas.
Please do not compare Artone Bluetooth Loopset with replicas, (maxit is a Chinese replica). Artone was the fist ever Bluetooth Listening accessories, and since its first version about 5 years ago was improved many times based on clients feedback, now we prepare 6th version of Artone Bluetooth Loopset.

We have two new products that are compatible with A2DP - the answer above from Clearsound about to lack of A2DP, is not professional at all, what makes me doubt some of the reviews of their product, as A2DP guarantees wider frequency range, and not only two channel separation, not mentioning compatibility with other products as mentioned above. Also we offer Artone TVB transmitter, witch allows user to listen to TV, both in stereo or mono depends on the version.
Thank you for writing and binging up these points,

Hello Artone,

I have an Artone loopset. It works well but I could use a bit more amplification.
On the back, it says FCC ID: TNBUNI03 and Item No.:U&I-03. Date is 07-06. What version is this and how does version 6 compare with the one I have?

Thanks!

Daniel Lang

Hello Daniel,
The new version is much lauder (~x2.5 ), with higher batter economy.
Your units was 3 version of Artone Bluetooth loopset, since then there where many improvements.
All the best.

I have a pair of Versata hearing aids from Phonak. I use the Phonak iCom to link to my cell phone (LG) and to my iPod touch.

I love the iCom and it works great with the Versatas - but I have a problem with my iPod touch because there is no volume control on the iPod when paired with the iCom - and the iCom has no volume control of its own. Even at the lowest settings on my Versatas the music volume from my iPod is too loud.

So, I ordered a ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT because it does have a volume control.

But - I cannot get the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT to work with my Versata hearing aids. I can get it to pair with my cell phone, but not with my iPod touch using Bluetooth.

There must be more than one standard for the T-coil circuits - and the Versata and the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT seem to be on different standards. I get no signal from the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT to my Versata hearing aids.

There must be also something that does pair the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT with the iPod Bluetooth.

And, in the end - I still have no way to play my iPod touch through my hearing aids with a volume control.

Has any one else used the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT with a Phonak Versata hearing aid??

Another piece of information:

When the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT is first turned on there should be a few “beeps” audible in the HAs.

I can get a very low sound in my Phonak Versatas - but only if I wrap the neck cord around my ears - directly over the Versatas. If it is around my neck - like a necklace, I get no response at all from the Versatas.

For some reason the ClearSounds CS-CLA7BT and the Phonak Versatas seem to be on a different T-Coil design.

Too bad, because I REALLY want a volume control - something that is missing on the Phonak iCom.

Computer and and tv don’t have bluetooth. Is there a device that can be purchased that can be attached to these things so that I can then use my CLA7bt with my computer and tv. I assume I am looking for some kind of a bluetooth transmitter. I know Artone has something called TVB but they don’t respond when I ask them if it is compatible with other brand neckloops.