Need help understanding Phonak Audeo B90 features

Would someone be able to help me understand the differences in settings on my Phonaks?
Do not understand the choices to ask for at office visits
What settings zero in on speaker?
What settings provide a wider range in front and beside me?

I use the speech in noise 99% of the time.

What I find don’t help are
Echo
Both have too much fuzzy background

I also have music which gets a wide spectrum of sound but very rarely use.
When I try to listen to music the sound of cymbals has a bite to it like someone shaking maracas in my ears. Any thoughts on this as well?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

What Phonak Aids do you have?
That’ll help us to help you.

1 Like

This program is a battery hog.
Using similar gain settings and noise settings in a different program might stretch your battery life considerably.
If directionality is the key for you hearing better maybe not.

Are you self programming?

1 Like

Battery drain not concern
I am going for annual follow up appt.to check and clean. Almost no change in hearing.

Got these HAs 2 1/2 years ago.
Realized I could be getting more benefit out of them if I understood how unused settings work and what the benefits of each one are supposed to be so they could be tweaked

Not in a financial position to upgrade to newest ones unless the quality of hearing would improve

Will you be hearing tested and the hearing aids programmed to this new audiogram?

Try to take as many notes as you can about your hearing with your aids. Include the environment you are in also. This information will help your fitter help you hear better.

If you hear best in “Speech in Noise “ tell your fitter. He/she needs to know that. Also mention the echo and fuzzy thing.

As zebras said, not knowing what aids you have leaves us with our hands tied as far as helping you specifically.

Good luck

The are Audeo B 90. Hearing just retested at ENT

1 Like

This is described as directionality. Your speech in noise program is all about that.

What settings provide a wider range in front and beside me?
This should be most programs excluding speech in noise and speech in 360, these programs are directional.

I didn’t find echo to help that much either. Default is AutoSense. AutoSense changes programs based on your environment. Each of those programs can be programmed many ways.

When I try to listen to music the sound of cymbals has a bite to it like someone shaking maracas in my ears.
This almost sounds like recruitment. Is it painful? If so, tell your fitter about this too.

Good luck

When you go in for your visit be sure to request the manual Music program is added, and no frequency lowering is being added in that program.