Naida V UP review

Hi,

Have you ever used a Captel/WebCaptel setup ( www.sprintcaptel.com ) to talk to others over the phone? Even though it’s not perfect, it helps me to reduce my “huh” frequency… :slight_smile:

Leo

Leo ~ no, never seen this before, thanks for the info! Sounds like it’s just what I need, will try it.

Serendipity42

Just don’t make your decision on the first try. The Internet is tricky, some connections may be slower than others. If you have issues with the captionist not translating correctly, note the number of the captionist and avoid him/her like the plague for the next time. Then again, Captionists are human… some are better than others in translating. Also there may be some voices that are simply almost impossible to translate due to the level of sound, dialect, etc. If the translation does not come out right, as the person on the other line to repeat her sentence.

Good luck!!

Leo

So I use a TTY, not CapTel, but there are relay operators who should be thrown out a window as it would be less distressing for everyone in comparison to their RO skills! I know who they are, and I know their names/ID numbers…question is how to I avoid them? I would feel bad being like…you suck I don’t want to use you LOL

Hey…if the Captionist can’t hear right, then WE do not need their services!! :smiley:

I do feel for the captionists, BUT, this is a business, they do get paid for their translations, so they should be able to do it in a professional and urgent manner.

I do know some TTY captionists that type as fast as the Captel captionists speak (via voice recognition), but I am old hat and have a major difficulty understanding shorthand, so I seem to prefer the captioning from Captel as it translates into full sentences w/o shorthand. I guess that’s why I like Captel so much.

question is how to I avoid them?

HANG UP!!, then redial… ROFL!!!

Hey! Don’t make fun! lol

I have obviously tried that! LOL! I always get the same person when I call back though! Is this just incredibly bad luck? Or is Jody 1023 just out to get me?:stuck_out_tongue:

Could be a slow day…LOL!! Might want to change your “text” for the next time… ROFL!! jk…