MyPhonak app update

Don’t bother looking for screenshot applicable to Marvel’s. It’s all for paradise. Dr. Cliff agreed with me in his comments on his video that the app update doesn’t do anything for Marvel’s or their app connectivity issues.

I used to be a panel tester of new hearing aids from the 1st PICs 1 through due to my so called selective ears…
I find this update has made sound on tv connect clearer and more “stereo” and Automatic, the new word for Autosense more precise, but hey, thats my experience.

That’s confusing to me. Can the app update affect the hearing aid sound, or how they work, aside from changing the settings?

does anyone know what brings a new in app version 5.0 that would come next year?

I don’t think we know anything. @bigaltavista any more info on what app improvements might be in the works and any kind of ETA?

1 Like

Hopefully, the new version will allow communication with the CROS model.

In future versions they are working on a better connection to Phonak target so that audis can see user made programs when programming the hearing aids.

As an Audi myself this will be amazing as I can see exactly what my patients prefer if they make there own programs

Future versions of myphonak will also support new abilities of the next generation hearing aids. You already see the “my health” section in the app. This will leverage things like the motion tracking ability to measure steps and things like that, plus a whole lot more

I don’t know much more that that, but I am guessing Phonak will take a leaf out of starkeys book…

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, there has been talk lately of a lack of chips affecting the production of new technology. How does this affect hearing aids? Does it also apply to chips inside hearing aids? Or mostly on equipment that comes for hearing aids like Roger accessories, TV connector, etc.

I know Phonak designs their own chips but they are still subject to the manufacturing shut downs of chip manufacturers as their chips are made in Taiwan

The question is whether they have enough surplus stock of their own prism and sword chips. If they do, then they will continue too be able to produce hearing aides, if they don’t this crisis will also start to affect hearing aid production. All I know from my Phonak friends is that chargers and Dolby compatible devices are currently affected.

2 Likes