MyPhonak app update

Thanks for that. It worked just fine.

However I still think an audiologist will find it frustrating that Target cannot see these programs which are created by MyPhonak and saved to the hearing aids.

For all the Marvel owners, the app update is useless. None of the changes are applicable for Marvel’s. The app is still just about at the level of junk.

Connection time via Bluetooth between hearing aids and the app is still abysmal. I can connect via Bluetooth for music faster than I can connect to the app.

Dr Cliff’s video says you need a firmware update performed by the audiologist for 4.0.4 to function properly.

However, it seems to be working fine for me without that - and it’s a big improvement!

Anyone know what the firmware update does for 4.0.4? (Or any other improvements for that matter)

If a firmware update is required why doesn’t Phonak mention that as a requirement for using 4.0.4?

1 Like

I don’t know the direct answer to your question @Hooby but I can share some related information. I was recently in to see my audiologist just randomly to help turn off a feature. (I have easy access to my audiologist, we work in the same building). She noticed right away there was a firmware update for my P90’s. She did the update without issue. Fast forward to yesterday and the app updated on my iPhone on its own. It was having issues connecting to my aids but after a power cycle they connected no problem but also I got a message in the app that they reprogrammed my aids to fix a syncing issue! I have not seen that message before so perhaps the firmware is what allowed that type of functionality?? Just guessing based on my limited experience. I’ll maybe reach out to my audiologist today and see if she has more info.

Put a couple of pictures, screenshots. Let everyone who does not have Paradise hearing aids see what the changes are in the application. I don’t have new hearing aids yet, and the app doesn’t give the ability to try without HA.
I’m still waiting for them to send me a trial version of HA.

@markoo355 you can see the screenshots and all the changes in Dr Cliff’s video linked in the first post above

1 Like

WellI have Marvel Naidas SP and the update has made a difference in letting me “play” with custom programmes better and other settings I am grateful for the update.

1 Like

As soon as Target 7.1.9 is run, it asks to update the firmware of the HAs.
My HAs got the firmware update this morning, same time as my iPhone’s MyPhonak app got updated to 4.0.4.

Target cannot see what the MyPhonak app has saved to my HAs.

@KeithL Yes, I understand that. I have not got the firmware update yet - until I go to my audiologist. But the new myPhonak app update seems to be working fine. Or am I kidding myself?
It seems that the firmware update is not immediately essential - my question is what am I missing - if anything?

1 Like

Hooby, if it’s running fine then you’re probably correct in saying that the HA firmware update is not essential.

My concern is for the audiologists who will need to run both the MyPhonak app as well as Target to program the HAs.

OK, I’ve now watched Dr Cliff’s video where he says the reason Target doesn’t get to see MyPhonak app’s programs is to protect them from getting wiped out by Target.

That is some pathetic reasoning. And he says Target can still wipe out MyPhonak’s custom programs if Target makes changes to the base programs which are used to create the custom programs.

It is blatantly obvious Target should be the overriding program with full control of what it does, including being able to keep custom programs safe.

1 Like

Don’t bother looking for screenshot applicable to Marvel’s. It’s all for paradise. Dr. Cliff agreed with me in his comments on his video that the app update doesn’t do anything for Marvel’s or their app connectivity issues.

I used to be a panel tester of new hearing aids from the 1st PICs 1 through due to my so called selective ears…
I find this update has made sound on tv connect clearer and more “stereo” and Automatic, the new word for Autosense more precise, but hey, thats my experience.

That’s confusing to me. Can the app update affect the hearing aid sound, or how they work, aside from changing the settings?

does anyone know what brings a new in app version 5.0 that would come next year?

I don’t think we know anything. @bigaltavista any more info on what app improvements might be in the works and any kind of ETA?

1 Like

Hopefully, the new version will allow communication with the CROS model.

In future versions they are working on a better connection to Phonak target so that audis can see user made programs when programming the hearing aids.

As an Audi myself this will be amazing as I can see exactly what my patients prefer if they make there own programs

Future versions of myphonak will also support new abilities of the next generation hearing aids. You already see the “my health” section in the app. This will leverage things like the motion tracking ability to measure steps and things like that, plus a whole lot more

I don’t know much more that that, but I am guessing Phonak will take a leaf out of starkeys book…

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, there has been talk lately of a lack of chips affecting the production of new technology. How does this affect hearing aids? Does it also apply to chips inside hearing aids? Or mostly on equipment that comes for hearing aids like Roger accessories, TV connector, etc.

I know Phonak designs their own chips but they are still subject to the manufacturing shut downs of chip manufacturers as their chips are made in Taiwan

The question is whether they have enough surplus stock of their own prism and sword chips. If they do, then they will continue too be able to produce hearing aides, if they don’t this crisis will also start to affect hearing aid production. All I know from my Phonak friends is that chargers and Dolby compatible devices are currently affected.

2 Likes