myPhonak app equalizer

My Phonak Audeo Marvel HA isn’t adjusted properly yet. I have the new firmware and myPhonak app. The app has an equalizer, but no documentation on how it works. If I boost the treble, the graphic shows an increasingly steep curve, which suggests I’m boosting the highest frequencies the most, slightly lower frequencies less, and even lower frequencies even less, down to the range marked “middle.” It does leave “bass” frequencies untouched. However, what I really wanted was to boost all high frequencies equally. Basically raise the volume for everything 2.5kHz and above, while leaving the volume on other frequencies untouched. Is that possible through the app?

I don’t think so. I believe that you have to start a remote session with your hearing provider, and he/she can make the adjustments remotely. To start, press the three parallel short lines in the upper right and then press Remote Support. In order for this to work, though, you will first need to have made arrangements for remote management with your provider, and the provider might have to install an app from Phonak to enable Remote Support from his/her end.

I’ve had my Marvels remotely adjusted a number of times by my audiologist. It’s really cool. She and I have done a good bit of work on a “Piano Music” program. I put my Pixel phone on my piano music rack. We start a remote session. We can see and hear each other. I play something on my piano and then tell her what I think needs to be done. She makes the adjustments and immediately updates my Marvels. The same process is repeated until I’m satisfied with the adjustments. Everything necessary to work with Remote Programming is apparently in the current revision of the Phonak Target program my audiologist uses. It’s taken some time, but my Music Program now works beautifully when playing my grand piano.

1 Like