My review with Oticon Xceed III UP since three months

It was one day trial last November and then ordered it afterward on December. It’s approximately three months since. About Resound Enzo, I almost went for it but I changed my mind to get Oticon Xceed 3. Only one thing I dislike about DSE, it has tiny compression that can be annoyed sometimes. I put down DSE Lin and no problem at all. Awhile on DSE, I do experience some distortion in NYC like loudest subway. With DSE Lin sounds natural but loudness sometimes. Phonak has worst compression coming from prescribed compression and totally hate it. Missed too much conversation and way too quiet. I have been on linear for a long time. I already tried some digital hearing aids come with compression, I just never like them. My audiologist said I should be on linear all the times due to my long time using analog hearing aids. For digital hearing aid, I will wait like 10 years later if they make something better in digital sound. :+1:

And that’s why no one should make decisions regarding hearing aids based on what they read here. Because everyone’s experiences are different regarding each aid. The only way to decide which is best is to try them yourself. Also I know a lot people say positive things about Costco. But I’ll tell you, walking around the store for an hour to see if I like the aids would pretty much tell me nothing unless I decide to live in the store.

4 Likes

I wondered the same thing. :thinking:

Regarding the Oticon Xceed and Connect Clip - couple questions to board.

Can you connect the Exceed HA directly to iPhone or do you have to use the Connect Clip as a go between? If the connect clip has to be used - how user friendly is it? By that I mean is it better used while sitting/stationary versus using while walking? And where do you clip the connect clip to on your clothing? Since I don’t have any shirt pockets is the only other option a shirt collar?

If I want to purchase something to connect to my TV (to hear better) does the connect clip also handle that or does Oticon offer another device to stream sound directly to my Exceed aid?

Lastly did Oticon ever correct the problem with the connect clip/battery issue. A few months back posters were claiming the $250 connect clip battery dies after six months or so of use and can’t be replaced. Wondering now (in March, 2020) if Oticon corrected this problem since no one wants to pay $250 for a battery operated device and then six months or a year later throw it out due to a soldered battery/wire connection. If battery problem not corrected will connectclip be covered by free 3 year warranty through Oticon?

I can answer some of your questions.
Exceed can stream directly from iPhone so no Connect Clip needed to stream. However, if you want “hands free” calls, you’ll need the Connect Clip.
Oticon makes a TV Streamer device that allows streaming directly to the hearing aids–no Connect Clip required.
I think most hearing aid accessory devices are covered by a one year warranty. If warranty is important, it would be worthwhile looking into an extended warranty.

1 Like

Thanks - so the Xceed will stream directly from iPhone to Xceed hearing aid (or vice versa) just like Phonak and Resoud aids. You just have to keep iPhone nearby, in hand, pocket, etc. Is that correct? When you refer to “hands free” your then saying you can be a distance from your iPhone and still connect to Xceed via connectclip. Personally I could live with direct streaming with iPhone near me and pass on connectclip until “battery issue” is resolved.

Regarding Oticon TV streamer - does that device drain battery life much or have little impact since its just streaming sound from a nearby TV?

I have the OPN1 hearing aids with 312 batteries and yes the TV connect does drain the batteries some but it is well worth it to really hear the TV

1 Like

The hearing aids don’t technically “stream” to the iPhone. They can communicate with it. I’m not sure how far iPhone will stream to hearing aids. I would guess a fair distance. When I say “hands free,” I’m talking about the ability to hold a phone conversation. Without the Connect Clip, you are using the iPhone microphone so need to be close to it. With the Connect Clip, you use the microphone on the Connect Clip. No, not “just like” Phonak. Phonak uses a different Bluetooth system (standard Bluetooth instead of LE) Phonak can use the hearing aid microphones on phone calls and thus have “hands free” operation. There is lots of info on this on the forum if you want more detail.

1 Like

I carry my iphone in my shirt pocket with my Iphone turned so the phone mic is up so I can take calls without taking my phone out and holding it. Also if you are in a quiet place I can talk on the phone with my phone on the table as far as about 5 feet away. If I am streaming music, I have had my iphone in a near by room and was able to hear the music just fine, the distance was about 20 feet. And with the TV connect I sometimes listen to the music cable channels and I have walked as for as about 50 feet away and still hear the music just fine.

1 Like

Thank you! What do you think which hearing aid is better Oticon Xceed 1 or bernafon Leox? I understand they have different technology since Leox is channel free.