My New widex Clear fusion

Hi … wel every item in shop is taged to an alarm system, even when i was in the canteen up stairs my aids when funny… M y audio turned of the partner check ,not sure if this is called feedback processing, And since then I explained to my audio that I felt my aids would go quiet every so often and he said this was more then likely the circuit interfering… Not much good to me

Comfused, I think I would just like a simple down to earth hearing aids…

Frances

This weekend I went out to a party and a restaurant. I was impressed with how well I heard voices, even though the adjustment is not good yet. It was much better than with the Oticon Agils which I tried for the previous year.

Widex Fusion is clearly much better than my Widex Inteo was ever. I am using the standard (master) program for the first time. When I was using Inteo, and previously Diva, I always used the music program since the master program was very compressed and distorted.

Tomorrow I will get the Widex Fusion tweaked better. I will verify the sensogram myself.

oh arni , I think i m spoilt with the aids i have, I think ther called siemens rexton. I have them over 6 years i think… Sound is so natural. just need more vloume. I was at a party myself to day family dinner , again i felt i needed more noise and sound … speech e t c… Put back in my rexton… heading back to my audio to moro to get my moulds … maybe that my make a difference…

chat soon x frances

I don’t understand. Seems like you need more adjustment. Ask if you are fitted with expanded sensogram. What is your hearing loss?

Hi arni, just back from audio… Did some sound test , not sure what you cal them. but discovered the amplifer was much to loud for me even do my audiogram says other wise (confused ) put in low power receiver sound much softer… ,… Home gettin some house work done and now the right 1 is whistleing , sound a bit to low… I did ask him for custom moulds he felt the tulips would be fine now with the lower amplifer… So really I m back to the aids i have that do just the same thing…

So fed up …Any chance you could fly to ireland and sort out my problem…ha

Frances L 30 40 80 80 70 70 65
R25 45 75 80 65 65 65

By the way Arni how long does 1 get out of hearing aids… as i said the 1 s i have ar easily 8 year old …Have had custom moulds made twice serviced twice… AND THERE FLYING…

FRANCES

The aids can be set to say “Partner Check” if they lose connection with one another. The idea is that if one aid falls out you will know about it.

However, the communication between the aids can be interfered with by anything that gives out a strong electromagnetic signal. For example, if I put my head too close to my plasma TV I start to get the Partner Check error. Same happens on the underground trains if I end up standing with my head close to the fluorescent light.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just turn the Partner Check off. (I have the Widex software installed at home together with a USB Link for the aids.)

This Partner Check has nothing to do with feedback suppression.

Widex Clear is FINALLY being released in the US! I just got an invitation to attend a demo/trial fitting during the last week of March.

Anyways, I’m surprised at how susceptible the binaural sync of these hearing aids is to electo-magnetic interference. I wonder if it’s the same for all binaural sync hearing aids (ie Phonak Ambra, Starkey Wi, Oticon Agil) or if it is more of an issue with the Widex Clear.

I plan to trial the Widex Clear against the Starkey Wi. I’m on the fence with the Phonak Ambras mainly because Phonak doesn’t offer a comprehensive set of wireless devices which the other two do.

Well good luck… Ive had enough of them… Intend given them back… Who wants a hearing aid that gives so many problems… I just want to be able to hear, I know Im Hearing Impaired and i have excepted that fact ,these aids promise to much that they just cant deliver on … Beeps ,cutting in and out . I work in retail so I need my aids to be dependable and I cant Justfy wearing aids that cost so much 5900e and just dont do what they promised…
Also My audio is new to this brand and from what I ve been true does’nt know how to programe them … Just keeps saying to me that it should be easy and that he cant understand why he’s having so much problems… And I can assure you Im thinkin the same… Most of the time I fel like he’s useing me as a practice patient…

ultra sonic motion detector systems are for after hours burglars, and they will trigger the feedback detectors in the aids= they send out a high pitched continuous tone that the aids think is feedback. I once had to shop in a store that had a MD system, and I could walk around and hear my aids cut in and out.

the person who sold you the aids doesn’t know much about them, no matter what brand. If they knew what he or she was doing, they would simply turn off the feedback processor, check for the fit of the aid to make sure it is snug and doesn’t caused feed back, then run a response test on the aid while they are in your ears to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. If he is willing to pay you for being a test patient, or give you the aids for free, then, I’d say stay with him. But if not, move on. Go find a dispenser that knows what they are doing - ask them before you buy…

. wel every item in shop is taged to an alarm system, even when i was in the canteen up stairs my aids when funny… M y audio turned of the partner check ,not sure if this is called feedback processing, And since then I explained to my audio that I felt my aids would go quiet every so often and he said this was more then likely the circuit interfering… Not much good to me

Comfused, I think I would just like a simple down to earth hearing aids…

Ultra sonic motion detector systems are for after hours burglars, and they will trigger the feedback detectors in the aids= they send out a high pitched continuous tone that the aids think is feedback. I once had to shop in a store that had a MD system, and I could walk around and hear my aids cut in and out.

Hi ,Thank you for all your advice… I intend on monday to sort out these problems… My biggest problem is me I ve tolerated too much and Ive said nothing… So monday is foot down day !!!(I HOPE) But I would like to thank all my forium friends for all your help up till now I did’nt know much about aids . Ive learnt alot from ye… Will be using a little of my knowledge on monday…

Thanks Again
Frances

mohajir, That is the first I have heard of this. I was going to trial the Ambra and Wi. Now, like you, I hope to trial the Clear and the Wi. Keep us posted.

Has anyone in the UK or other places compared the Clear to the Phonak Ambra/Audeo or to the Wi?

Frances, have you tried Siemens Pure? As you had Rextons’ previously (which is Siemens brand), I think that you might be familiar to sound of them. They are as small as fusions and sound is really smooth. f course, great sound is in a merit of audi’s abilities to adjust aids to you.
I tried Fusions before, now trying Pures, and I prefer the latter, indeed…

Thank you so much , I will make inquires about them. I’m wearing cic… And I love them… So I just might invest in the same type again…

regardS Frances

Good luck, find the best 4 u!

Hi frances!

I been reading your posts with interest. What Im thinking is that you being a experienced user should get aids that helps you from day 1. Also I do belive that custom moulds should be fitted in order to get the correct bass gain. Furthermore this is the first generation from Widex with wireless. I presume the next will be much better once they’ve learned from their mistakes. Both users and fitters sometimes are blinded by new releases and last but not least gadgets like the M-DEX.

You being happy with your CIC’s probably should get new CIC’s or ITE’s so you also can have the telecoil. Just choose an aid with gadgets, like Siemens, Phonak or Oticon. Imho the Oticon Chili BTE also would be worth a try. I fit them on my most demanding users with great results.

Best of luck!

Hi all, i have widex clear fusion witch work well, i have a loss of 40% in high frequencies.
I have also TV dex and M dex but the sound is only high frequencies no bass. It seems the correction is the same for micro and TV dex but with the micro i hear the bass threw the hole of 1mm in the custom moulds and clear fusion add high frequencies with the micro. With tv dex no sound go threw hole because i cut loudspeakers. You seem to be happy with tv dex, how have you done ? I asked to set main program for tv dex and main program2 for micro because i thaught tv dex used main program the result is the same only high frequencies :=( I asked if she could ajust gain of each canal by connecting tv dex on her generator BF but she said it is not possible. Could you tell me how to operate to get a good sound with tv dex ? Every one say the sound must be very good but it is very bad yet.

Hi there… I 'm afraid I am not a great person to ask… Post above was my very 1st impression, that did’nt last long… This aid just did’nt work for ME .I had tv dex but really did’t use it found it to microphoney… I felt when I spoke I sounded like a talking robot… There is no doubt this aid will give you volume …But Im afraid in my case sound quality just was’nt a patch on my siemens…Plus the huge problem i had with the circuit in my place of work… I wish you good luck with them…they may not have worked for me but that may not be the case for every 1…

Regards
Frances

I just ordered the Widex Clear Fusion C330 from my audiologist and cannot wait!