My mom is looking for a set of hearing aids and I was hoping for help

I had purchased a used set of Oticon More’s and had hoped to get them adjusted for her. But they’re dead on arrival, some sort of mechanical issue.
So Im looking to get her a used set that either I can program, or she can get programmed. I purchased the Noahlink, and Ive requested a couple programs for tuning from other links.
She would like new technology, and ability to adjust them from her phone. Any ideas or leads are appreciated.

Sorry to hear that they’re DOA. Odd.
Check for each aid whether they’re programmable with Noahlink Wireless and the get the software. E.g. Phonak Marvel series and newer are all working with it.

Are they rechargeable? Could it be damaged batteries? We have a thread about replacing the LiPo buttoncell batteries, but haven’t read anything about Oticon.

Oticon rechargeable batteries are user replaceable.

It’s the batteries, I called this morning and talked to Oticon. I’ve been trying to find out prices on them to figure out what to do, but I can’t find them online.

It’s a Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V some on eBay but a pretty steep price, you’ll also need to “reset” the battery in Oticon Genie software, pretty easy to do tho, also these are exactly the same for Sonic.

Interesting! Are those different from the ones Phonak uses? Because we are able to buy those on Alibaba for 3€/piece+50€ postage to the Netherlands. For two batteries that is almost a quarter of the price on eBay.

EDIT: Did some searching and didn’t find any pair of Z22A below 180€.
However, I did stumble on an old thread that suggested that hte Oticon More uses Li-ion accu 60 L3 (3.7 V d.c. / 20.5 mAh) instead. The Oticon OPN seems to use the Z22.

Today i got a pair of Z22A sold as new for 60Euro for both batteries.
On both sticks the same lable on the back besides the different serialnumber.
I assume that manufacturing date is 12.10.2022 ( 12. October 22)
Can someone confirm that the batteries have a expiry date / best before date ?

Could it be that the batterie should put into operation before the date:

• 15.10.23 ?
    or
  • 09.09.24 ?

Z22A Oticon information

According to Oticon
“Your batteries should last for approximately one year, and they can easily be replaced by your hearing
care professional at that time.”

For me it is an excellent reason to avoid rechargeable hearing aids. I love my 312 batteries.

Z22A batteries are 312 Lithium ion batteries. You can buy a pair of them here in America for $60 from Amazon. These are made by PowerOne.
https://www.amazon.com/PowerOne-Rechargeable-Hearing-Batteries-Model/dp/B01BLECBWS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3MJETWYVD2WZS&keywords=powerone%2B312%2B%2Brechargeable&qid=1703959685&sprefix=powerone%2B312%2B%2Brechargeable%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-6&th=1

I read that the PowerOne doesn’t work in Oticon HAs, unfortunately. “Does not work with ZPower Charging Stations or with Oticon Hearing Aids”

Those PowerOne are nickel-metal-hydride, not Lithium-ion.

Thank for the answers. My question were about the shelf life of the battery.

This is the lable from the back side and manufacturing date seems to be 12.10.2022 ( 12. October 22). see red frame

I just wanted to know if someone can confirm that the battery have an specific expiry date / best before date ?

Should the battery put into operation before:

#231015 , symbol looks like a sand timer , seems to indicate 15.Oktober 23
or
#240909 , labled REF , seems to indicate 09.September 2024

Lithium-ion batteries have a shelf life of 3-6 years. Loss of battery life, also known as self-discharge, occurs at a rate of between .5% to 2% per month. To minimize the loss of charge, store lithium-ion batteries in a cool, temperature-controlled place away from other batteries or metal objects.