My hearing aids are 6 years old, will New pair be better?

Correction, my current Kirkland hearing aids seem to be 8 years old. Hoping the new technology and AI of new Phillips 9040’s will help. With the 180 day trial period I have nothing to lose.
As far as reliability of the technologist at costco, I find that in the store I go to anyway, they are equal to and in most cases far superior to testing and fitting than the previous big $ private hearing aid centers or professional I had been using before at more than double the cost.

Click domes are the small clear vinyl like covers at the end of the reviver that go into your ears, they actually click in place so they don’t fall off in your ear easily. Had that happen with older heating aids, not fun.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Also I agree with your find about CostCo. I have an excellent tech at my Costco.

@Harold

I’ve had that happen too. Twice. I better change my domes before it happens again. These little 50 cent widgets are a pain. As the waxguards are too.

Sorry to hear that. I don’t know why they stopped click domes, they took care of a much needed problem.
How did you get the domes out of your ear? How often should fines be changed to avoid the issue?

@Harold

When the dome came off in my ear I phoned my audiologist in each case.
I don’t know what a “click dome” is. Back then I had open domes.
My domes have a ring that fits around the ring on my receivers.

I change my waxguards more often than others do. I’ve talked to many other seniors who didn’t even know what a waxguard was! The new waxguards on my Phonak Paradise P90’s are awful. They are so tiny I have trouble seeing them. There are fewer holes than my other two pairs of Phonaks had. Seems to me they might get plugged with max more quickly.

Every time I change my waxguards I hear better. I change them once a week. I try to remember to change my domes tonight. I bet mine are about a month old. They are closed domes. I don’t have feedback…

DaveL
Toronto

A click dome is made to connect/click on to the receiver and makes it difficult to pull them off so they don’t fall out . It seems they don’t make that type of receiver anymore to click on.

What did the audiologist do to take the domes out of your ear?

Used a light, and miniscule needle nose pliers.

Your description sounds like my domes are click domes. I have Phonak hearing aids; 3 pairs over 20 years. They are receiver in ear hearing aids; Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’s are the latest, and they are two years old.
I’m hard of hearing. I’ve never heard a “click”.

DaveL

I do exactly the same thing. I cancelled a trip with her:)

1 Like