My first test Drive-Oticon OPN-S 1's

I started using the Opn S 1 model a few days ago and my hearing experience is 100% better than using the Oticon Ria Pro aids. The cost is worth the quality of life, I speaks so low now people can’t hear me lol. I’m only 38 years old with severe hearing loss, I can’t live without them.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100%. I think the hearing aids are doing exactly what they promised. Let me hear everything around me and will take some time for my brain to adjust to having my hearing back. The thing that amazes me is that the technology can allow me to adjust the way I hear sounds unlike a normal persons hearing. I can adjust it from being too soft or too sharp or even too loud. That is what I am looking forward to when my audiologist adds more programs but for now I am very happy with the way they are performing. While I am in a trail period I still wonder if there is a even better results out there with the ReSound
LiNX Quattro or Phonak Audéo Marvel.

Then if you can you should try them all

Was hoping someone already tried them and what they thought. But I may.

From my experience other can love them and I would hate them or the other way around. Even with similar hearing issues we all hear differently

I agree with Cvkemp here. You simply cannot rely on what others think about the hearing aids of their choice, or what they think about hearing aids they’ve tried out. It’s SO subjective that others’ opinions really don’t matter except for yours.

What you can do in general is just try to see how popular certain hearing aid models are. But even then, it doesn’t mean that they’ll work well for you because they’re popular with others.

2 Likes

I think popular is the key word. I was lead to Oticon OPN-S by the amount of people who liked them and were happy. I saw things about others that I know I would not like. Oticon was my starting point and depending what I read about others satisfaction with other brands I may just stick with them.

I have the OPN1s custom ITE half shell hearing aids and I love them even after having an issue with my right hearing aid. The repair turn around was fast and now my aids are even better than before. For me this is my third pair of Oticon hearing aids and I am so use to the sound. I have tried other brands that were good hearing aids, but I prefer the custom aids due to my activities and when the fit is right like I have gotten with Oticon customs, once you get use to them it is like I am not wearing hearing aids and I am hearing close to normal.

Hi all, I am one week into using my OPN1S and like others I am amazed how acute my hearing has become. I am hearing things I didn’t hear before (wind chimes in the front of the house while I am inside…birds)

I played golf yesterday and heard the ugly shots I made :frowning:

My only concern is with the wireless attachment to my electronic devices. Yesterday, I made (and answered) several calls. A couple of times, my left HA cut out and came back in. Once it was the right HA. Couple of time, it was like I lost the call as both HAs lost the signal(?). After the call, I checked OticonON app and it said I had 78% power in the batteries. I go to the Audi today and see what she says.

tony

Do you connect to an iPhone or an Android phone?

I have zero issues when connected via connect clip to my Android phone.

I have both an iPhone and an Android phone with a Connect Clip and I have zero issue with either by now as well. A few years ago there were issues but for the last 9 months or so, no longer any issues.

I suspect maybe you are not on the latest version of everything.

I am still trialing OPN-S HAs w connect clip (to Moto G6) and I too occasionally experience connection drops w one side or the other while wearing it on my shirt. Shouldn’t happen, but it does. Sometimes moving the connect clip closer to the dropped side helps.

@petermo, I, too, have the Moto G6 and ConnectClip, and I don’t have to most clear connection all the time either. I’m thinking it’s the phone.

The forum helps me to understand more about the aids, - settings, options, functionality, etc. - but as far as rating them, that is entirely unique to your own perception.

1 Like

iPhone 7 (iOS 12.2) and Watch 3 (v 5.3)
Interestingly enough, made quite of calls since last Wednesday. Some were fine, others displayed the left and/or right drops. Sometimes drops were in the house sometimes outside (was thinking interference from other wireless devices). Also, disconnected and or removed the HAs from my other devices (iPod, iPad).
At the Audi visit, I asked her to call my phone to show here how the Watch doesn’t “see” the call answer event. OF COURSE IT WORKED!
Since then, it worked one other time but usually when I answer a call I have to press decline on my Watch otherwise it continues to buzz my wrist till it times out.
If I were to rate the OPNS1 for apple compatibility, I would have to give it 3.5 stars, Almost a hit.

just me…your mileage might vary
tony

I trialed the Marvels before trialing the OPN S1 and 2. For what it’s worth, I found the Oticon general program far superior to Marvel. You might find the opposite to be true. I was a previous Oticon user for 10 plus years. What has disappointed me so far is I’m getting little value from any add on manual programs, though they aren’t much needed given the how well I hear in “general” with OPNS. I had a number of issues with Marvel. Connectivity was poor as you may have read given all the user complaints. It didn’t like the buttons on top and the casing of the aids was very susceptible to noise from touch. The temples of my glasses would rub on them. Very annoying. Mostly I felt that sound was slightly more distorted with Marvel. Both aids were fitted optimally with REM. I wish Open Sound Booster was better or that the directional program I have added was more powerful because, despite liking the Open Sound paradigm, there are times where closing the sound down would help in particular circumstances. That said, whichever brand works best in its default program is probably the one that is best for you.
I’m not a techie and only giving you my unwashed feelings about my user experience.

I have the Oticon ITE OPN1s and I have only the default program now, I tried the music program and the lecture program as well as an outdoors nature program. I found that I didn’t need them and had them removed. The default program does it all without worrying about and remembering to change programs.

I’m on day 4 with my new Oticon OPN1s aids, and so far I’m loving them! They seem far superior to my Oticon Alta 2s in so many ways! For example, I love that I have a direct connection to my iPhone, iPad, and TV without having to use the Connect Clip.
I can’t say enough about using the Connect Clip as a remote microphone!!! That feature is just so cool! The night I got my HAs, my husband, while wearing the connect clip in microphone mode, whispered to me from a room away, with a wall between us, and I heard him. That was pretty amazing considering I can’t hear a whisper from someone beside me without my HAs in. I can see that this remote microphone feature may be a huge asset for me in terms of spying on my fighting kids while they’re in the basement and I’m upstairs doing dishes. I can strategically place the microphone on the shelf in the media room and listen in on them, and should be able to do so without them noticing :slight_smile: I’m especially looking forward to trying the remote microphone in a restaurant setting with my best friend, who is known to be a quiet speaker.
I’ve only been set up with the main program, but so far, I’ve worn my aids in the car, a fairly noisy restaurant, at work, and at my kids’ school, and I haven’t had any issues hearing what I’ve needed to hear with that program. I like not having to switch between programs, although I didn’t do that too often with my old HAs either. I also love being able to clearly hear what is going on all around me, including behind me. So far, I’m impressed! I’m sure I’ll encounter a glitch here or there, but at this point, these HAs seem to be exceptional little devices!

I started out with 4 programs, I had music, lecture and outdoors. As I was able to get my default program set correctly, I stopped using the extra programs, and now I have remove the other programs and just use the default and I am doing great with it.
I had told my Audi I wanted to put my ears on in the morning and forget about them until i was ready to go to bed. And that is absolutely what I have now. And it is wonderful.

1 Like