My first ever hearing aids, also Phonak Lumity 70 R tips & tricks?

I found the connection drops when I close the App. Open it, it has to connect again but then as long as I keep App open, it stays connected all day.

Is that what is meant to happen?

1 Like

Yeah someone else has mentioned this as well, one would think it’s supposed to “stay connected” until you close the App?

I saw that … haven’t tried it yet, but loving the dark theme for sure.

I chose it among the various offerings based on what I perceived my needs were and what the Audiologist recommended.

The new myPhonak app Version 6.5.0.893 support new dark theme and
new option
Stay connected

Stay connected to myPhonak

How can a user stay longer connected to myPhonak, to avoid reconnecting the hearing aids every time the app is opened again?

By activating the feature “Stay connected” in myPhonak the user has the option to keep the hearing aids always connected to the app. This minimizes the time needed to interact with and control the hearing aids when the app comes to the foreground.

The feature “Stay connected” is optional and can be activated and deactivated anytime in the Devices section of the app under ''Connection management".

Activating “Stay connected” might have a small impact on the hearing aid battery life per day.

On my android phone with new App my experience is this: After enabling “Stay connected” option no re-connection happens , after i complete close/shut the app and restart the App. The connection is always on.

Short time for re-connection happens after closing the app and disabling bluetooth.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this info. Based on the description this is what I expected to happen, @Zebras report sort of described the current way it was before the update (I think … still learning my way around the app). FWIW, I’m an Android user as well.

It’s so good of you to recommend these remedies.

I find that I have to change my waxguards more frequently. I hate doing it. They are so small.

I’ve had a different problem…twice I’ve had a dome come off and stay in my ear canal. Freaked me out. So I change domes more frequently too.

DaveL

1 Like

That’s something that I’m always worried about too. I have spare domes on hand so I can change them.