Musician/Trombonist with mid/low frequency hearing loss looking for some help to answer questions

Hello to everyone! I already have told my full hearing loss story before here - My mid-low frequency hearing loss story as a musician
It is a bit long, if you are not interested in full story I will briefly explain my situation.
When I was 2 years old I lost about 60% hearing in my left ear and 20% in right ear mostly in Mid/Low frequency range and it happened because of meningitis.
Somehow life/destiny pushed me into music and right now I am studying trombone in Netherlands/Arnhem, ArtEZ - jazz&pop faculty. Besides trombone I am also playing piano, guitar and bass, trumpet and drums.
In the third year we have to write research on our own chosen topic. I chose topic related to my hearing problem and at the moment I am bit stuck and I would be very grateful if You could help me out with looking at my burning questions I am planning to answer in a research way.
My biggest problem is that it is sometimes hard for me to define pitch for the lower notes, I cannot play pedal tones on trombone that well, I have difficulty hearing bass note of the chord. By doing my research I want to be able to explain why I am not capable of these things with scientific research.
I will just post questions I want to answer during my research and if anyone can help me by suggesting either literature to look into or any kind of advice on these research topics I would be really, really grateful!

Thanks in advance!

With all the best, Martins

How my hearing loss affects my playing/musicianship

1.Collecting as much information as possible about how frequency`s, overtones work.

2.Understanding and later on explaining why I am impaired of hearing low range and not being able to produce and control pedal tones on trombone.

3.Mental aspects of having hearing loss as a musician. (Depression, anxiety, uncertainity)

4.How brain processes musical information. And later on understanding and explaining how personally my brain has to adjust to be able to make music.

5.Finding tecnology that might help me and other people perform better.

6.Meet and interview other people with hearing loss and get to know how it affects them and how they have dealt with it.

7.How actually music has helped my hearing loss.

Have you researched the “Speech Banana”? That picture says a thousand words.

Good luck.

Haha, what is even funnier that it was not on purpose. Thanks for response!

Don’t you wish you picked a hard-tuned instrument, piano or organ?

As to your questions: I don’t know and it is a good question. Odd observations as they come to me.

We had a Concert Hall built. Big, so big blowers. Loud. The acoustician specified large (room size) mufflers. The architect/budget drew-up smaller mufflers. A concrete blow-out in building further damaged the plan. The result was very low noise up at 3kHz, but audible rumble at 50Hz, and huge sub-sonic rumble. Musicians did not like the room. They were always uncertain about their pitch. It was theorized that the subsonics sounded-like beat-tones that they could not tune-out. I am not a musician or a tuning expert, but I observed that tuning was much faster in the blowerless old chapel across the way than in this modern concert hall. Musicians even preferred the cheap rehearsal room, with audible blower but too small to make much sub-sonic. (So this may not fit your problem.)

Go to https://www.audiocheck.net/ and try the sounds. Most are general, not about loss, but you’ll understand what they should sound like and how it is different for you in the lower tones. (This guy is nearby, Belgium.)

Also http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html Pick a medium-loud tone at 1kHz, and then try to pick “the same loudness” at higher and lower frequencies. Do not expect that it will be “flat”, especially at lower loudness. Just get an honest plot. (For school, you should put a friend at the PC to “blind” test you.) It may be that your hearing is semi-equal through the midbass. Or you may find quirks.

Regarding point #5, I wonder if you’ve tried pro audio digital pitch shifting devices it bump up the low registers a few octaves? You might need isolation from the sound in air (headphones), but it would be an interesting experiment.