More information on Hearing Aids

Need more information on hearing aids?

Visit: www.hearingaidinformation.org for free information and hearing aid reveiws.

I’ve been wearing digital hearing aids for the past few months after using analog hearing aids for a long time. I was wondering, how long are the batteries supposed to last? I have the kind of hearing aid that hides all the way in the ear and my old aids would last almost six days. The hearing doctor told me the battery should last longer but so far it’s only been giving me an extra couple of days. Am I expecting too much from a small battery?

Digital hearing aid batteries in small CIC sizes usually use a size 10 battery.

Since digital hearing aids take up more power than analog units as they do more for you, the battery life is around 100 hrs of use, or around a week for most people.

Can anyone tell me what true benefit there is to using a hook that has a 1000Hz filter in it? I have Tego Pro BTE’s (first time user 2 months ago). My HL is mild to moderately severe sensinural high frequency. My molds have a 3mm vent to let the low frequencies gain excape. I was thinking of trying them because I find that in noisy resturants the back ground noises can be loud. The filter’s ability to attenuate at the 1000Hz mark may reduce the noise and yet leave the speech consonants alone. Yes? No? Otherwise I really like how my HA’s work. I started off using Corda open fitting with GN Resound tulip domes but did not like the way the sound tubes kinked so easily and was always afraid of leaving the domes in my ears. The skeleton molds on the other hand are really rugged and the sound tubes are very strong. I guess they can be seen but so far this is not bothering me. I teach and need to give the students visual cues that I have a HL.

Most BTE’s peak at around 1,000-1,500 hz, thus most have some type of mechanical attenuator. It should not affect speech intelligibility at all.

In fact, when you take the attenuator out, you will find the quality of the sound will degrade.

The exeption will be on some of the open fit aids where the sound tubes are very very small and thus peaks at a higher frequency.

try

www.my-hearing-aids.co.uk