Merry Christmas All

Merry Christmas everyone.

Interesting(?)note: Today only celebrates a special birthday. Jesus was more likely born in the fall(Sept)of 5BC based on best guess biblical info.

This date is more likely arbitrary and likely used to replace a pagan holiday celebrating the solstice. Now reverting back to a pagan holiday celebrated by Amazon and friends.

Here is a PDF with biblical reference and timeline.:
http://www.marieslibrary.com/PDF_Articles/JesusBornCyrenius.pdf

I think Jesus was born in October.

Maybe we can agree on Fall. :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas to all on this cold Chicago Christmas Day!

I’ve heard of the reference that Jesus was born in fall. That would make sense as an infant would freeze to death in a Manger on a cold winter day. Joseph being a carpenter would surely set up an arrangement for a fire safely nearby to keep Mary and infant Jesue warm on a winter night yet I’ve never seen a Manger scene with a fire set up nearby. I’m just throwing that out there.

I was born in fall so, perhaps Jesus and I share a birthday, who knows.

However, as a non-practicing Catholic (bad me), I’ll be traditional and celebrate this day as the day of Jesus’ birth no matter that we have Amazon or what time Walmart decides to celebrate the after Christmas sales season.

Merry Christmas! :evergreen_tree::church:️:santa:t2::evergreen_tree:

Merry Christmas everyone from a very hot Melbourne (36 Celsius today. ) We had a lovely family BBQ yesterday (Aussie style Christmas lunch) and too much to drink. I hope all you that are celebrating Christmas today have a lovely day with family and friends. Merry Christmas to you all from Australia.

Carol from Queensland Australia and it has been scorching hot here too. Strictly cold meats and salad here. A storm last night (our Christmas Day) temporarily cooled things down a little🙂. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year to all!

Merry Christmas from North Idaho. 10 degrees with 2’ snow on the ground. Happy Birthday Jesus. Hope everyone enjoyed their days. :christmas_tree: