Medicare Advantage’s quiet revolution in Hearing Health

Have you tried this?
Find a 2020 Medicare plan

or this?
State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIPs)

edit

Each Medicare Advantage plan is specific to the area where YOU live, so if I look up the info for me (central coastal California) it almost certainly will not be the same for you.

Here is a direct link to the AARP United Health Care Plans. Just enter your zip code.

1 Like

My memory is fuzzy as I retired over 6 years ago from a HMO with Medicare Advantage plans that also occasionally had patients in a VA hospital. Pretty sure VA didn’t get reimbursed for anything unless there was some reason we couldn’t have cared for the patient. About our only interaction with them was arranging home care or discharge to a skilled nursing facility.

I am not sure about all but I do get reports from my Medicare Advantage plan and I see there where the VA system as sent bills to it. The big one was when I go glasses from the VA and the bill went to my Medicare plan. And I know I have had some test for stomach issues that have been billed to my Medicare plan.

I clearly don’t know what’s going on in your particular situation, but I do know there is a big difference in billing for services to an insurance company and getting paid for them. How most Medicare Advantage plans work is that they agree to take care of you if deal with them. They have to pay for other care in case of emergency, but they want to bring you back into their system asap. If you decline, your responsible. However in your case with the VA it doesn’t matter.

I do not know all for sure but my plan was set up for me by a local rep that knows I go mostly to the VA, and I have been told by some other Veterans in this area that they go outside of the VA to get some of the services that the VA provides for me. It is a small clinic in a small city, and I have been sent to local hospitals for test instead of to the VA hospital that is about 50 miles from here. And I haven’t had copays to cover except for the ones I pay to the VA for my medicines.

I have the same plan as you. I paid about $2200 7 years ago for Phonak Audeo (forget exact model) and about $2100 for Phonak Audeo Direct a couple years ago. First ones w. BT tech. Being first w. that tech, they are much more “sketchy” than the newer Marvel series. We don’t get dental.
What we do get is coverage for virtually anything medical. Every year wife has to determine if at least a particular doctor is on a plan she wants to choose. What a hassle.