Mappings from Hell

Someone driving you there would help. They could stay busy while you had your appointment.

1 Like

@Deaf_piper Sorry to read about your bad mapping experience. I’m going to guess this happened because of the different audiologist. If you had your regular audi, this would not have happened? If so, another tip to self not to let another audi handle mine when the time comes. All of my follow-ups are to be handled by the same audi in the surgeon’s office. I’m just hoping she doesn’t leave in a year.

As I read this thread, am I to understand that you have control over your saved programs and can save a previous mapping to your processor? It won’t get overridden on a future mapping? You know how I feel about loud sounds. If you don’t get used to your mapping, I hope something can be done.

@debbie_o. If your Aud saves the mappings they should be on the computer in your Auds office. The N7 only has room for 4 mappings. So you get 3 new mappings and keep one of your old ones.

If my regular Aud hadn’t been off sick I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be in this situation now. If I can get the master volume activate tomorrow I will have more control over the volume, I will be able to add a bit of bass to these high pitches, hopefully bringing the pitch down then I might be able to work the volume up to 10. As it is now all these mappings are on volume 1, it only goes up to 10. So I can’t go any lower than I am now. I will see what happens tomorrow afternoon.

I’ve had an expensive afternoon at the CCC getting everything fixed. I needed to buy a new phone clip as my old one was broken, $460 AU later. I now have all my bimodal hearing back. Also one of my old mappings has been returned and keeping 3 new ones.

I also learnt that Hybrid EAS users can’t have any of the following “master volume, bass & treble” activated in the Nucleus App. Which is a nuisance but I suppose they have a very good reason for this.

1 Like

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. A day at the CCC.

A learning experience. Thanks for sharing.

, any good news now ?
Now u completed 1 years + 1 month … so how ur experience? Did the sounds become normal? Are you having problems with the speaker and wearing a mask? …

@Toti I haven’t had my 12 month assessment as yet due to the CIC having to close due to stage 4 lockdown here in Melbourne. It will happen sometime before the end of the year when lockdown is eased so we can make appointments again.

The sound has normalized a lot now but still not fully. For me, as long as I have the EAS attachment it may never full normalize. I’m told it’s the high frequencies that are causing the robotic popeye type sound.

1 Like

Well, I get to experience my first imllant sounds on Tuesday because I will be activated then. So I’ll see how my first mappIng goes. This will be interesting. Plus I will need to start the rehab process.

1 Like

@debbie_o exciting time for you. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday. :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover: The rehab process is a long process. I still do 2 hours CI streaming every day.

1 Like

here we are … I wish you an enjoyable trip awaits you and Your feedback don’t forget .

Fingers crossed peoples, hopefully I get to get my 12 months (July) assessment on Wednesday, that’s if Covid doesn’t get in my way yet again. And with lots of luck I can get rid of these absolutely horrid mappings I’ve got at the moment. I’ve struggled for 3 months with them now. I still find them far to loud, UGH!!!

1 Like

Good luck with your appointment. Will the audiologist you like be there this time?

I wonder how you would like the mappings you had before, now? Have the mappings from hell helped you? Just curious.

Hopefully you can get all your Bluetooth issues ironed out too.
Maybe this attachment could help you. At the bottom you select iOS or Android.

https://www.cochlear.com/apps/en/nucleus-smart-app/pair

@Raudrive I gave up and just concentrated on one of the 4 mappings I could partly work with. I haven’t been able to get past 5 in the volume control. As for having the sensitivity on 12 all the time it just causes a lot of static like interference. So I wouldn’t say these mappings have helped me very much at all.

My appointment is with my favorite Aud so unless she calls in sick on the day it should be with her hopefully so fingers crossed.

My 2 adult children and SIL can’t stand, standing close to me. As they hear a high pitch pulsing screech coming from my processor. (I can’t hear it) They tell me it really causes them pain. I can’t take them anywhere in the car as it’s just too enclosed and the pain level it causes is increased. So I have to turn my processor off until I can work out what’s wrong and causing this problem. I’m guessing it’s the hybrid. I’ll quiz my Aud on Wednesday if she can’t answer I’ll be emailing Cochlear to get answers.

I don’t currently have Bluetooth issue as I haven’t installed iOS 14 yet. It’s working just fine on the latest 13 update. My issue is I have 3 devices I have to pair simultaneously with my phone. One isn’t a problem but 3 simultaneously I just muck it up.

1 Like

@Raudrive that video is the most ridiculous thing I’ve watched. I’m trying to pair my iOS, phone clip, HA & CI. It tells you to “listen for 6 beeps” My HA & CI are on the bench where I’m trying to pair them. I can no more hear 6 beeps than fly to the moon!! Especially without my ears on my head!! I defy anyone with CI’s trying to pair the devices to hear those 6 beeps!!! GAHHHH!!!

2 Likes