Lyric recall?

Is this true?

http://www.totalrecallinfo.com/freerecalls.php?id=18200

Can’t find anything on the Lyric site and the web page you refer to charges for their info. So considering that that web page says the recall covers 2000 aids made during a two week period I might consider contacting Lyric to verify the info.

First let me say that I am an audiologist and I have worked for InSound Medical, the makers of Lyric for over 9 years. I would like to respond to the questions posted regarding the Lyric recall

<LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">In early January routine field monitoring by InSound Medical revealed the possibility that an early “lot” of Lyric devices made in mid-December might experience a very low level of battery leakage. The probability that any leakage would occur was less than one-tenth of one percent, but since patient well-being is our top priority we issued an immediate, voluntary product recall <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Within two weeks, the vast majority of devices were returned to InSound and taken out of circulation. No user problems were noted, and design and fail-safe measures were enhanced to further improve the product.
  • The company expects complete closure of this matter with the FDA very shortly.
Please call me if you have additional questions

Susan Whichard

It would have been nice if this info would had been posted by liric instead of us…
being that they seem to follow info on this forum

voluntary and vast majority sounds like a corporate line. I agree with xbuilder. 6 months later and we are just finding out about it. reminds me a little of toyota.

It’s what Resound should have done with the Be.