Lyric Failed Fitting

Hi - I went to the audiologist last week for a fitting and ‘failed.’ While my ear canal measurements went well and appeared to be a good candidate for Lyric, the fitting unfortunately didnt go well.

I have normal hearing sloping to a moderately severe SNHL. Problems with higher pitched frequencies, and hearing in noisy environments. Lyric was a hopeful solution as “anything visible” is not an option for me…

approximate audiogram below…(I think I transcribed correctly?)

Hz.250…500…1K…2K…3K…4K…
L…8…10…15… 30…60…80…
R…8…12…15… 30 …60…80…

After having them inserted I experienced feedback issues that the Dr hard a hard time resolving ?? … after several refits and most feedback gone, hearing test indicated not much improvement in hearing higher frequencies. Dr. advised that Lyrics werent for me … comments ?

Ask your Audi about the isync. I just got my impressions taken and will have a pair in about a wk. Although mine probly won’t be as small, since my ear canals get wider closer to the eardrum.

You might have a dead region above 2kHz. You only perceive higher sounds when they become sufficient intensity to be ‘heard’ by the hair cells farther into the cochlear. It might have been a good suggestion to turn the aids off/down above 3kHz to prevent the feedback/feedback manager from trampling all over your usable gain elsewhere.

Well, here is my update. I went to ANOTHER audiologist in NYC! On first attempt this audiologist fitted me with a set and NO feedback… into test for about 30 days so far… did have to go back for some adjustments and one refit, but overall positive. Still do ‘know that they are there’ but since this is my first HA, not sure if that comes with the territory. Background noise etc is still very loud, but overall seem to think hearingis much much better… Other lyric users, please comment and help out… Thanks :):slight_smile: