Lumity 90 and bluetooth

Guess I was sloppy with terms. It can interfere with what you’re hearing.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, good information, seems a simple solution for everyone.

Yes this would make sense as most streaming is unidirectional.

I had already done this and found that it is better quality. However, I have also found there is a delay now in Zoom and the sound does not sync with the video, noticeably so. Not insurmountable but off putting.

The 48 kHz sample rate at 16 bit depth then is making for a large data transfer. Is there a way of adjusting this do you know?

Sounds good, Maac!

Any delay is due to buffering.
It is something I can notice a lot on my TV when using BT streaming but it has a setup to manually adjust the delay of the video to get it back into sync.
On Zoom or Skype, both on Linux and Windows, I cannot perceive any delay.
You may try adjusting the buffer size. On linux you can do so from the command line. Unfortunately I do not have any Mac systems so I cannot help you there but a simple search returned this reddit link: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

I don’t think this is the normal buffering problem. Usually with buffering it is intermittent or varied in that, it can be out and then get back in sync or it can stop etc. What I am experiencing is a consistent lag. I am aware of what you mean though as I have a Roger Pen with Neck Loop for the TV. There is a time difference between the sound going into my ear and that being output by the TV in real time. Very slight difference but noticeable and I am aware of the ability to better sync these in the App.

The Zoom delay is different in that there is a noticeable time differential between receiving the sound v video. I will try to get this more specific but it is not happening on streaming from YouTube etc.

I have had a look at the link thanks, and will delve into that further. The thread is 8 years old so whether its still relevant to the current status is not clear. However, it is interesting you do not have any delay on either Linux or Windows. What aids do you have?

I have the Phonak Paradise P90 and previously Marvel M90. With none of them I have had such an issue with Zoom or Skype.
Do you have the same problem with Skype?

I never use Skype so can’t compare on that. On my next Zoom call I will try to look more closely at the delay and see if I can narrow down some consistencies.

If you don’t find a solution on Zoom, I suggest you make a test with Skype to see if the same happens. The problem might be an implemetation issue in Zoom on Mac.
Other possible test, if you have the time and will, is to install a virtual machine with Windows or/and linux and use Zoom inside the virtual machine.
Finally, as an alternative, you can use Zoom on your phone/tablet.

Try using zoom in a browser window? That might make a difference.

WH

1 Like

All good suggestions.

I do have virtual Windows on my Mac but, due to the processing overheads of this, I’m not sure would give a reliable result. However, if there is not distinct loss then it would clearly answer a question.

As it happens, I have just got back from my Audi and have ordered a pair of the Lumity’s P90. I still have the trial aids so I can play around with these while I’m waiting for the new aids.

Fortunately I’m not using Zoom as much now as the last number of years = 25-30 hours a week then but now down to a few hours per week. So its more comfort to get it to work on Zoom rather than necessity.

I will try Zoom on iphone as well as I think that would give a good indication if the problem is indeed on the computer side.

Not quite on topic, I’m new here and I’m just trying my first hearing aids (Lumity L90 RIC).

I’ve not really had a problem with Bluetooth and have successfully connected them to iPhone, iPad Mini, Apple Watch, MacBook Pro, Apple TV and Amazon Echo (mostly work kit, I work with a team of App developers).

The only issues I’ve had were poorish audio quality at the other end when making a call on the phone and having to manually disconnect from the Echo (music streaming was pretty good).

When I’m out on my early morning dog walk I use my Apple Watch to stream audiobooks to the aids, which other than two drop outs since Friday.

Most of the time they are connected to my watch and iPhone as I prefer my Shokz OpenComm bone conduction for Teams meetings.

Does anyone here have Starkey Genesis AI as I’ve got them on trial from next Friday to try in the same vein.

It seems the issue I have had with Zoom has cleared up by itself!

I’m not clear why and I don’t usually like problems that disappear without a reason. I prefer to know what the the issue is and how it was fixed, otherwise there is the doubt that it may return.

I am picking up my new Lumity P90’s on Friday this week so hopefully all will be good.