Losing hearing aids when removing face mask

If it’s for a person who can be careful and mindful, it’s just a case of checking each time take mask off. Otherwise, something like this might prove helpful: Adult Hearing Aid Clip Safety Retainer Retention Cord Holder 2 BTE Hearing Aids | eBay

It looks like it might hinder access to the controls. Anyone have any experience with these or something else?

There is a product line called ear gear it offers products to attach the hearing aid to your glasses it also offers products to prevent hearing aids from flying off by connecting to your clothing. There are also mask straps that are helpful too. They are available on Amazon. Hope this helps and good luck.

I will definitely do some research. I am a lung transplant percipient and have to wear a mask anytime I am out of the house and also have to wear glasses. Thank you.

I have also made longer the strings to allow them to go around my head and tie in the front. Good luck and if you find some different ideas could you let us know it would help those of us that have to where a mask as well.

I most certainly will. Thanks

The best advice I got from this group was to tie small fishing line to the ric lines just at the base of the behind ear unit. I allow the line to lay along the back of my neck, loop over the back of my neck and up to the other side. I got use to the feel pretty quickly and they are working pretty well.

Good luck.

1 Like

Called a “gaiter” style.

Masks are here to stay… I bought these - they work great. I like that I can put the mask on once and then slide it down between stores, etc. vs completely removing.

Amazon Link

If you know anyone handy with knitting, you can make a simple strip with two buttons to attach elastic of mask then wear it at back of head… or replace ear elastic with longer bits that will go around back of head and neck. Yes makes it easier to pull down off face and not lose mask between shops etc.

1 Like

I crocheted several lengths and styles for my sister (who has HAs) and niece (who does not) and they have found them helpful.

These are now being reported as an unreliable mask design for screening the virus.

You can go with two choices. First could be clipper or anti lost rope fixation cord protection rope which would assist you against losing your hearing aid. The second thing could be a mask clippers. Yes, with these mask clippers you wouldn’t have to remove the mask again and again.

They are they make a three button one that allows more adjustments thanks for sharing.

@listeningout this is a second of 2 threads on the topic you asked about.

1 Like

Hi all. I took my mask off the other day after leaving a shop, then noticed I couldn’t hear. My aids had flown off with the mask elastic and I was very lucky top find them among the gravel.
Do be careful!

1 Like

I found some masks with elastic bands that go around the back of the head instead of the ears. I don’t have the URL but the brand is “take care”.

2 ply cotton with a third partial piece of cotton that you can put a filter behind.

This makes it a lot easier to get the mask of and leave the aids on,

Bob

1 Like

I were high power HA’s with a 625 battery so they are very large. When I were a mask I put the elastic between my HS’s and my head. When I remove them I slip my fingers under the elastic in front and raise my fingers up and over the HA’s and my ears. My HA’s do not move. Try this, it might work for you. good luck.

The whole thing is a nuisance. This is not a solution but rather a lucky break, Using the molds is a safety measure for me.