Looking for someone to make an earmold of unusual materials

I was afraid of that. I presume one company’s receiver won’t fit where another was?

Receivers generally can’t be used with another unrelated brand. But earmolds (except for the ones with a high-powered receiver permanently embedded) may be usable with a receiver from a brand other than the one it was made for. Like, I had molds made for Whisper receivers (a since-discontinued brand) and my audiologist was able to fit Oticon receivers into them. The receiver sizes have to be close enough.

2 Likes

Any reason the high power speakers need to be fully imbedded other than appearance?

1 Like

@x475aws There’s a small exception, Signia adopted receivers from Widex [same mother company], and they’re interchangeable now.

My molds are based on CIC aids that I wore many years ago. They had a good curve at the canal end and so they got past the first bend in my ear. Now they are a little small and I haven’t found a place that can put the bend in. Perhaps this is due to my Oticon 100 receivers but I don’t think so since I can more or less eyeball the fit against the CIC aids as working.

Wax dip makes a lot of sense I think.

Can you share the name of company?

Well, the high power, or UP receivers are larger, so the standard domes would not work. So have a special line of UP domes for a small market, or make them custom, encased.

Lloyd hearing aid! They are also very cost effective!

Thanks thanks thanks

I have gotten several set of molds from them both hard and soft
They are close to me so I go in and see Andy Palmquist

Yes! I love them! And Erika is very helpful whenever I need to make adjustments or have any questions!