Looking for new hearing aids

So what is new in the hearing aids world? I’m looking to get new hearing aids. Right now I am currently using the halo i90New Doc 2019-08-29 20.57.35.pdf (167.5 KB)

This is my audiogram

From the admin.

Lots of good aids out there now. Almost too many good choices. Costco has a good reputation for quality fittings and service at a better price.

It may be best to trial a couple HAs made by major manufacturers to see what type you like. I have used Phonak most recently and been as satisfied as possible given my loss. Before that I wore Oticon, but that was long ago and the technology has changed since I wore thst brand. Both were good though, and Costco has more affordable versions of many HAs.

And I apologize, I think when I was trying to access your audiogram link I accidently flagged your post instead.

What are you trying to improve upon? I look at the steepness of your loss and think that Phonak’s Sound Recover 2 might be beneficial. However if you haven’t heard the high frequencies in a long time and don’t miss it, it might even be quite bothersome. Like others have said, there are lots of good hearing aids out there. Certain preferences might push one slightly towards one or the other. Some of the variables that can influence hearing aid choice are phone use and importance of streaming, want the aid function to be “automatic” or have a lot of control over how it sounds via a smartphone app, rechargeable battery, if not rechargeable, battery size (can impact frequency of changes). Any modern aid should be able to be adjusted to improve your hearing. Your happiness with them will likely depend more on the fitter than the hearing aid.

2 Likes

I uploaded my audiogram into my profile. Mainly the only problem i am having with my Halo I90 is hearing speeches. just recently i have been struggling to hear a conversation with a friend because i can’t hear and understand what she is saying. The same thing is happening at work where i sometimes can’t understand what people are saying. Therefore understanding speeches would be a major help for me especially during car ride. Another thing i want to mention is does anyone struggle to hear great during car rides? Sometimes when i am in the back seat i cant hear a word the driver is saying.

I also got an invite to connect hearing for a free evaluation and a 2 week trial of their latest hearing aids. Do you guys ever go to that?

Have you gotten a new audiogram recently? Your hearing may have changed.
Have you gone back to your audiologist to get adjustments for these speech issues?
My wife trialed a under brand of Starkey, I believe they were Halo aids. She had many issues with speech using them. She then trialed the Starkey Livio i2400 aids. They were better but had numerous Bluetooth issues. She ended up with Costco KS9 aids.

I have not gotten a recent audiogram. I was just going over the KS9 thread and reading about them. How is your wife doing with the KS9 aids?

I had my last hearing aids for four years. Every year I returned to Costco and had a new audiogram and then the aids tweaked in accordance. My hearing hasn’t deteriorated a lot over that time, but some. I thought adjusting for changes regularly was standard practice.

She is doing fine with the KS9 aids.

do they charge you for a new audiogram and having the aids tweaked?

I might be interested in checking the KS9

Costco doesn’t. Different audiologists surely have their own rules about it.

Kind of curious but what are some high power bte hearing aids?

This is from a simple google search.

With frequency lowering you may be able to use less powerful hearing aids. You really need to see a qualified audiologist to answer these questions.