Looking for advice for Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 self-tuning crash course

Hi,

First time registering to post but have been a long time reader from time to time. In the coming weeks, I’m looking into getting Costco Kirkland Signature 7’s (KS 7.0 for search terms).
I’ve been a long time user of hearing aids, since the 80s. Profound one side, unilateral and moderately/upper moderate on the other.

Anyway, I’ve been using a custom local mom/pop brand for the past 11 years. I hated how the software/hardware was proprietary to be able to tune it and require a visit to the office and they did not exactly know what I’m looking for during the tuning session.

So, I’ve been doing a little researching prior to purchasing the KS7’s and from what I’m understanding, I can self tune them with the following prerequisites? Correct me if I’m wrong:

• Hi Pro, Hi Pro 2, or Mini-pro
  • Siemens Connexx software, or what do I need to connect KS7’s? Or alternatively KS6 if the KS7 are too new.
  • ^ Appreciate a version number or a link is even better.

Any help or advice I can get is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Not KS6!! Kirkland Signature (KS5 and KS6) are locked to the Costco-only version of Aventa fitting software.

Clickable links in next 2 lines:> Self-Programming-Help, Fitting-Software
My Wife’s Audiogram, w/AudeoQ- My Audiogram, w/Alta, Agil, Epoq, AudeoYes, Live, Chili

Complete the first step before you spend money. I don’t know offhand which version of Connexx fitting software and which version of Hearing Instrument/HI database you will need for the KS7s. But get the answer before you spend $$.

KS7s don’t “show up” in the Connexx 8.0 database, but if you have the Rexfit database, it will read them. In other words, you can’t select them off of a menu, but if you read the hearing aids, it will detect them and correctly identify them.

Do you know if the KS7s are in CONNEXX 6.5.5/RexFit 6.8.4? Because the Connexx 8.2.7/RexFit 8.2.0 link doesn’t work… https://www.rexton-online.com/upgrades/connexxUpgrades.asp

I think it’s in the RexFit HI database link that doesn’t work…

>>Rexton/upgrades<< says…
Connexx 8.2.7/ RexFit 8.2.0 is a full installation of the latest CONNEXX fitting software which is required for programming TruCore, QuadCore, TwinCore and Essential products.
CONNEXX 6.5.5/RexFit 6.8.4 is a full installation of the CONNEXX fitting software which is required for programming all classic Rexton hearing instruments.

and >>Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 (Product Information)<< says that the KS7 is TruCore.

The update manager will update Connexx 8.2.7 > 8.2.9.227 the Rexfit I believe is 8.2.0.161. This version will definitely read the Costco KS7’s.

To answer the original question you should start with Connexx 8.2.9/RexFit 8.2.1 then use the Update Manager to bring you current. Read between the lines… >>Line1<< … >>Line2<< :wink:

-Rexton Connexx8.4.6/RexFit8.4.5 will read the KS7s. I just tried it. This is the version you will find if you go to PVC’s essential posts on self-fitting. You really do need to start there.

-you will need a pair of CS-44 cables. Ebay. Uh oh no – The Hearing Club!

-and a pair of 312 programming pills. IMO the best place to get those is “The Hearing Club”

http://www.thehearingclub.com/Siemens-Batteries-Domes-Accessories_c_106.html

Actually, I see that they sell a pair of CS-44 cables for $50.00. Wow! That’s way better than you’ll find on eBay. And in my experience they ship pretty much instantaneously.

Oh also: If I were you, I’d be careful not to buy one of the older, non-USB, Hi-Pro boxes. You’ll need an RS-232-to-USB adapter. You will get it to work, but it’s a hassle.