Looking for a Watch with a Vibrating Alarm

What is the best watch with a vibrating alarm to wake you up in the morning?

I know of really loud alarm clocks and bed shakers, but I don’t want something that vibrates or shakes so hard that I’m startled awake because I’m not a heavy sleeper. Sonic Bomb alarm clock not needed. I work so I need one that is dependable.

I can’t afford an Apple watch or high end Fitbit. I’ve seen a suggestion on a post about a year ago for watch called the Watch Minder that I’m considering, then Timex has an Ironman watch with vibrating alarms, but I’m hoping someone on the forum that has used a watch with a vibrating alarm can make a recommendation.

I use this:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Xiaomi+mi+band+4&ref=nb_sb_noss

1 Like

I used the fitbit versa which is not that expensive and have the vibrate feature.

1 Like

I know you were going to say you use an Apple watch @cvkemp , Chuck. :grinning: If I could afford one, I would get one. Thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like

How does it work for you? I have a small vibrating travel alarm clock that I bought at Amazon. It works fine, but it fell off the bed this morning.

I can’t remember, have you said in other posts, but are you still working?

@ahearingaid Does the Fitbit Versa have an alarm clock feature? I have an Alta 2, but mine only vibrates when I receive a phone call.

Thanks in advance!

Yes it has alarm clock and can be setup right on the watch. I use it all the time and no longer need another alarm clock. I think you can setup alarm for your alta 2 but you have to do it via the app on the phone.

1 Like

@cvkemp Thank you! You’re awesome!

Hey guys,

A bit off topic, I hope you will understand. I’m nervous about my cochlear implant surgery coming up this Thursday. I also lost one of my cats last night (please no comments about cats and dogs, I have both). So I’m a bit on edge tonight. I really appreciate your watch suggestions.

Thanks,
Drbbie

1 Like

Won’t be long now. Everything gets crazy when you are nervous. I bet you have thought this out pretty good. It will be over before you know it and hearing so much better.

2 Likes

@debbie_o Really sorry for your loss, we have both as well. Can definitely appreciate your nervousness. Have a major event coming up in a week for work that I’m responsible for, definitely nervous for that to succeed as well.

Regarding watches, I have never found a wrist worn device capable of waking me with a vibrating alarm, but only tried various Fitbit and Apple Watch models over the years. My wife on the other hand would probably be woken up by the neighbor’s Fitbit alarm going off.

1 Like

Debbie, good luck with you cochlear implant surgery. Hope all goes as you wish.

2 Likes

Pebble watches are awesome. Fitbit bought them out but watches are still around and pretty cheap. You can find on eBay.

1 Like

Hi Debbie, you will be fine. Hang tough. Will be thinking of you on Thursday. All the Best
In regards to alarms - I think there are devices that you put under you pillow for an alarm. Not for sure but thought I’d seen article on or advertisement.

1 Like

Good luck with the cochlear implant. On waking devices, I use a Smart Assistant. The volume can be turned up quite LOUD. I’m probably one of the few people in the world using the H-K Invoke Cortana speaker but I’m sure an Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home Mini would do just as well. You can get an Echo Dot or a Google Home Mini on sale for $30 to $40 from time to time. They depend on being connected to a Wi-Fi router and from there to the Internet. But I’ll just say to mine, “<wakeup word>, Set an alarm for 2 pm.” A voice will confirm the alarm is set and if you’re unsure you can say, “<wakeup word>, What time is my alarm?” When the alarm goes off, you just say, “<wakeup word>, Cancel.” If you’re having trouble sleeping, “<wakeup word>, what time is it?,” etc. If I have something really important that I want to be sure I don’t miss because of an Internet glitch, a power failure, or whatnot, I also set an alarm on an old cell phone. I still have good low-frequency hearing and I turn up the volume on the cell phone to the max. I guess if one’s hearing is really bad across all frequencies, this isn’t going to be a good backup method nor is the Smart Assistant suggestion.

Another thought is to get some sort of AC-powered vibrating pad that’s comfortable enough to sleep on, plug it into a Smart Plug that can be controlled by a Smart Assistant or your smartphone and then use the vibrating pad as the alarm clock. (I never like the idea of sleeping with heating blankets, etc., that are AC-powered but I guess they’re all Underwriters’ approved and judged safe).

1 Like

I use it it works fine for me.
It’s probably a bit fiddly if all you want is an alarm clock, it’s meant as a fitness tracker, but you can ignore all the fitness stuff and just use the alarm.
The alarm just vibrates gently on your wrist, there’s no noise.
You can turn the alarm on and off from the band but you have to set the time you want the alarm to go off using an app your phone. You can however set multiple alarm times.
I work very little these days but I still need an alarm.

1 Like

I have used the WatchMinder for many years. Zero oversleeps. :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/WatchMinder3-Vibrating-Reminder-Watch-Black/dp/B07C7JS22M

1 Like

@jim_lewis I mean sure, if you want to be under constant surveillance in your home…

1 Like

@Raudrive Rick, I hope you’re right. I’m taking it easy right now although I have things to do around the house. I’ve been busy at work trying to get things caught up before I take some tome off after the procedure. The extra work has left me a bit tired. Yes, things feel crazy.

1 Like

@phobos512 Matt, thank you for your kind words and encouragement. May your upcoming work project go without a hitch and be successful! Very nerve wracking, I know. I wish you the best of luck!

I spent last night trying to figure the alarm feature out on my Alta 2 device. Wasn’t too successful. Come to think of it, I thought at the end of your sleep cycle that would wake you. I tried to change the the end time, but the darn thing wouldn’t vibrate. I must be doing something wrong.