Looking for a battery for a Roger On

Has anybody found a source for the Roger On battery: Model IP471738 260 nAh 0.96 WH ? The battery is made by Intellect Pioneering Battery Technology Co. Ltd. (China).

2 Likes

You could try contacting the manufacturer, but I don’t think it’s very likely that they will sell you a battery.
http://www.ip-battery.com/contact-us.html

In fact, you can use batteries made by other manufacturers, as long as the size and voltage of the battery is the same as the original battery, and the same protection IC’s will do.

3 Likes

Thanks, I have reached out to the manufacturer but I don’t really expect to hear back. But there is always hope. The problem is finding one the correct physical size. Thanks for responding.

Let us know, thanks! :wink:

Based on the habits of many battery manufacturers in naming their products, I think IP471738 should give the dimensions of the battery as 47173.8mm.
You can measure the actual size of your battery and ask the battery seller on Ebay or Aliexpree.

1 Like

the battery is 3.7 volt 4.7 mm thick 17 mm wide and 38 mm long.
I have not been able to find any :pensive:

This one would probably work… slightly smaller … recharge more offten :

My rough measurements using a ruler are 1 1/2 inches by 1/2 inches wide by 1/8 inches thick (38mm x 12.7mm x 3.3mm) including the plastic covering. Not sure which of us has the widest ruler. If history is any indication, yours is probably more accurate :grinning:.

Thank you. I could not remember Aliexpree.

The number on the battery is the size in millimeters.
first two digits are the thickness 47 is 4.7 mm thick, which is very close to 3/16 in.

@GrayGhost Didn’t know that. That makes sense. I think @menglxs mentioned that above but I didn’t pick up on this.

@GrayGhost @menglxs How important is the NTC? There seems to be more batteries without the NTC lead, but the Roger On battery does have one.

The NTC is the element that detects if the battery is overheating.
Other ICs on the battery’s PCB are generally used for charge/discharge management and overload protection.