Line input to Oticon ConnectClip

My old ConnectLine Streamer Pro had a line audio input which, when connected to TV audio output, provided a better sound quality than the ConnectLine TV adapter (BT).
The new ConnectClip lacks a line input jack. So, end of direct connection to TV? Suggestions?

That’s what the TV Adapter 3.0 is for.

Don’t get me started. @Volusiano Yep, that’s exactly what the Oticon rep said in answer to a similar question. These people live in a world where the normal rules of what things are worth don’t apply. Oticon: Well they spent 10k on a hearing aid,so a few extra hundred shouldn’t be a problem. Well, many of us spent the 10k because we were desperate to communicate with our fellow man. Many of us struggled to come up with the money. That doesn’t mean that we can be your cash cow for ever and ever. ‘People first’?

You see? You got me started.

If you can stand a little delay you can buy a cheap Bluetooth transmitter and pair that to the Connect Clip. I do that on my porch TV. The manufacturers’ TV devices work better though. I hear you about the cost. They know they have us.

I actually have the same sentiment as you do about the Connect Clip not having an input jack. I was simply providing a technical response to the OP’s question without giving an opnion on the subject, that’s all.

1 Like

Mpow transmitters don’t suffer the latency issue. It’s the added jump to another device. If only TVs were BT…

Many TV’s do have BT but the HA’s Bluetooth is not standard and will not connect.

1 Like

I understand that @Volusiano. I was just venting at big business through the perspective of half a bottle of Shiraz.

I would think that the Connect Clip has standard Bluetooth support to any device that has standard Bluetooth, smart TV included.

I love Resounds accessory line…
Their multi-mic has…useage as a speaker/presenter clip-on mic., 3.5mm stereo line-in, fm receiver socket, t-coil receiver.

Their phone clip is for any standard Bluetooth connectivity.

Their TV streamer is very good.

I have found much on eBay, by waiting.

Yes, it does. It will connect to phones, 2-way radios with Bluetooth adapter, computers with Bluetooth…music players…

One option is to buy the telecoil version of the OPN and buy a neck loop with direct line input from a third party. This will use the Tcoil from the OPN to pick up sound from your neck loop.

I have the connect clip as well as the television adapter 3. First let me say I love the television adapter 3, that thing rocks. It is so nice to hear every word clearly and distinctly, not to mention the full immersion of stereo sound. if someone is on the left side of the screen banging pots around you hear it on the left side. Pretty cool.

That being said, can’y you take your connect clip, put it in microphone mode and sit it close to your television speakers? I have actually done that with my radio when my wife is listening to the radio but I need to do something in the other room. I put the connect clip by the radio, and go about my business throughout the house.

Doc

Great idea although I’m not sure if the range on the mic in the Connect Clip is designed to be wide enough to pick up the full range of sound outside speech, like music, or not. Not to mention that you won’t get the full stereo effect like with the TV Adapter 3.0.